We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

eDreams reliability

Rome, Italy
reviews: 12
eDreams reliability

I would appreciate if anybody can help me with that: eDreams ticket is almost $100 cheaper than anybody else's. Has anybody ever used their service? Are they reliable? It seems too good to be true.

726 replies to this topic
1. Re: eDreams reliability

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 11:28 pm, March 14, 2014

South London
reviews: 102
2. Re: eDreams reliability

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g1-i10702-k15848…

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Air Travel, Business Travel
reviews: 77
3. Re: eDreams reliability

Look up posts on virtually any third party site and our comments will be the same.

- Read the fine print... all of it

- They are only middle-men, once you buy the ticket and they provide it, you are on your own... few have "customer service"

- Don't assume that the ticket price you see will be the price you will end up having to pay... read that fine print... you have no ticket until they buy it for you.

- Many airlines have low price guarantees (but since the 3rd party site may easily be out of date, the airline may not match the sold out price of the cheaper fare bucket)

- Airlines do not have to give you any FF points for 3rd party tickets

- If you are coming up to a critical ticket price change point, 21, 14 or 7 days ahead of travel, or your flight is in a busy period, the delay as they try to fill your request from the airline may cause all of the opportunity for *any* cheap ticket (they don't have a stock of tickets themselves).

- 3rd party sites are seldom able to provide tickets at lower prices than you can get directly from the airline sites, and why should they? Planes are fuller these days. Why would an airline have to pay commission to sell things they can sell on their own?

Edited: 9:09 am, March 17, 2010
Rome, Italy
reviews: 12
4. Re: eDreams reliability

Dear CariSestriLevante, Jessep666 and GeoMedic, thank you very much. It is really big help when real people are giving you their opinions and suggestions from their experience. Even though I always try to find the whole fine print hidden truth it is not easy to start a deal with completely unknown web-site and jeopardise several thousands of dolars. It was my first time of putting a question in TripAdvisor and I got a complete knowledge of what was necessary for me.

Tampere
5. Re: eDreams reliability

I have bad experience. My friend booked us tickets to Nepal. We first got confirmation of flights but it was suddenly cancelled same evening. eDreams couldn't supply tickets anyway. Money was gone from account and now we have waited to get it back more than two weeks. It is almost 1500 € so not funny. My friends bank GE Money in Czech informed that eDreams hasn't cancelled transaction from their side. On the other hand eDreams informed that they have cancelled it. This is crazy. Flights are getting more and more expensive all the time while we are waiting for our money back to use some other company and we are the offers.

I have read same kind of experiences in Internet of eDreams. So, at least we won't book tickets from them any more. You can never know if you get your tickets or not. And to get money back...

I also wonder GE moneys behaviour coz all e-mails of discussions with eDreams were sent to them and it should be very clear that we didn't get our tickets and booking is cancelled.

Disapponted travellers

Pretoria, South...
6. Re: eDreams reliability

Greetings - Newby on Trip Advisor - wish I had joined this site before booking through Edreams. I booked a flight - Sydney to Perth - they issued a confirmation - they reserved on my credit card - and next day received an e-mail that the reservation has been cancelled because "they do not have commercial ties with the airline" - this was the first time - and obviously the last time that I would ever consider Edreams.

7. Re: eDreams reliability

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 1:05 pm, March 02, 2011
Edited: 1:05 pm, March 02, 2011

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Air Travel, Business Travel
reviews: 77
8. Re: eDreams reliability

Welcome Springbok to the AT forum.

Flying SYD to PER is a very simple booking and there are only a couple of carriers that you'd be using anyway, so why didn't you just book with Qantas, jetstar, or Virgin B?

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 5
9. Re: eDreams reliability

tripadvisor.com/…

eDreams ticket each flight separately, even though they make it look as if you're booking a return. It's in the fine print of the Contract of Carriage.

So, if one flight is cancelled, you'll only get refund/rebooking for that flight. Any other flights that you miss or no show, you won't get compensation.

Very risky. I'd steer well clear.

Italy
Destination Expert
for Livigno, Lombardy
reviews: 127
10. Re: eDreams reliability

Yes, always better to read the fine print, having said that I have booked flights through edreams in the past and have never had any problems.

Reply to: eDreams reliability
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted