We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Whats 5 star about QATAR??

London, United...
reviews: 90
Whats 5 star about QATAR??

Have just done 4 sectors with Qatar and must be one of the worst airlines I have flown with.

IFE is average to say the least, meals were small and by far the worst thing, no water/juice rounds were offered in between services and call bells were reset.

Add this to lights being switched on 2 hours prior to arrival on a night sector to serve a light breakfast to 80 passengers.

5 star, id struggle to give them 2!

Aluthgama, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Bentota, Beruwala, Sri Lanka
reviews: 7
1. Re: Whats 5 star about QATAR??

SKYTRAX 5 star rating is for premium classes.

Penarth, United...
reviews: 75
2. Re: Whats 5 star about QATAR??

I've used them four times in economy and found them comfortable, good food and IFE and friendly and attentive crew. Each time it was LHR/BKK. Who are you comparing them with?

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Air Travel, Business Travel
reviews: 81
3. Re: Whats 5 star about QATAR??

"no water/juice rounds were offered in between services and call bells were reset."

Please tell us that you aren't one of those "people" who can't get up and walk to the galley area to get water. Those useless dings when you hit the button wake up all around who are trying to sleep.

"Add this to lights being switched on 2 hours prior to arrival on a night sector to serve a light breakfast to 80 passengers."

Ahh... all the flights turn on the lights and start to serve breakfast at about that time. I suggest taking a blindfold next time.

Sorry, no sympathy from these quarters. When I or my guys fly Qatar, it has always been a good experience.

uk
reviews: 1
4. Re: Whats 5 star about QATAR??

i've travelled alot in various airlines and quatar is the best! the food is yummy, the always get u an drink if u ask for it, and the always offer u a blanket or pillow and always there smtimes eager to help.the staff has always been soooooo polite and always with a smile.. gosh i can go on. over all the are always on time or harly ever late infact most time's they've got to to your destination a bit early! more time to shop around in duty free or even easier to check out! the only down fall to the airline id qatar airport.. it's still small/developing and it would be nice if they changed their waiing chairs to comfy ones i the airport... but as for the air bus, they are comfy! and they always do rounds of tea or coffee.... onlike sm airlines if u were sleeping, when they did the rounds, u smtimes wake up to find they've left u a seald cup of water. all this in economy! and i fly with qatar with a change over than take a direct on some other airline with chairs with a hump on the back and the posh food they serve that looks like mould!

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Air Travel, Thailand
reviews: 73
5. Re: Whats 5 star about QATAR??

Hi,

I've flown QR a few times to/from BKK and within the region.. Was it "5-star"?.. Perhaps.. I didn't find anything lacking in terms of service, amenities or otherwise.

Geo, to help neutralize "excessive" button pushers, most planes allow the FA's to use a central command panel and either silence or disable a specific seats call-button functionality. :) No more *ding* for you.

Travel Safe,

staffordshire UK
reviews: 18
6. Re: Whats 5 star about QATAR??

I have flown with Qatar a couple of times in premium but I found them to be the best airline I have ever flown with, if only Emirates could match their service, I know people have budgets but try premium just once and you will not want to go back

Hong Kong, China
reviews: 51
7. Re: Whats 5 star about QATAR??

Quite a bit of criticism against QR lately, especially on FlyerTalk. I haven't used them myself but a colleague of mine usually uses them for Hong Kong - Europe flights in Economy (as a QR elite) and he says they're very good, though not totally up to Cathay Pacific standards.

Hong Kong, China
reviews: 138
8. Re: Whats 5 star about QATAR??

I've flown them a couple of times and had one negative experience with a rather inept crew, but then the next flight they were sincerely sorry and compensated me. I'd still fly them again; you cold do a lot worse than Qatar.

Sydney, Australia
reviews: 103
9. Re: Whats 5 star about QATAR??

If the worst thing is no water/ juice rounds.... then it really cannot be that bad!

UK
reviews: 15
10. Re: Whats 5 star about QATAR??

I'd certainly knock a star off if they weren't doing the water/juice rounds