We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Continental transfer time

Ireland
reviews: 62
Continental transfer time

I am travelling Dublin to Orlando via Newark with a transfer time of 1 hr 38 minutes . Is this sufficient tme to make the transfer ? hasanyone travelled this route?

Travelling The World
reviews: 17
1. Re: Continental transfer time

It will be plenty of time as you go through US Immigration at Dublin, so you won't have to wait in line to get your passport checked.

Princeton Junction...
Destination Expert
for Newark, New Jersey, Binghamton
reviews: 3
2. Re: Continental transfer time

I allways alow 2 hrs. You could be late getting off the ground in Dublin, you could be late landing in Newark.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Air Travel, Business Travel
reviews: 77
3. Re: Continental transfer time

I too usually book a 2 hour connection there, but I wouldn't be too worried about 1:38. While you will have to wait for your bags, there shouldn't be much problem. I usually have at least a half hour in the President's Club before heading to the next plane, and I don't have to wait in the Immigration line either.

When you pop out of the Customs and bag recheck area, you will approach a security point. If this area is particularly crowded, there is another farther down the concourse that is usually less populated.

Edited: 2:06 pm, February 09, 2010
4. Re: Continental transfer time

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, August 09, 2010