We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

baby milk at airport

southampton
reviews: 12
baby milk at airport

i am travelling to oz via singapore with sing airlines later this month with 11 month old baby. can u tell me if i can take the sma ready made milk cartons 250ml in my hand luggage through customs or will i have to buy it all at boots airside?? Also will i have to ring boots to reserve this milk or a similiar brand so i have some for the flight?? Also i have been told to just declare it at customs at singapore and oz and they should let it through? is this correct? any help much appreciated

Newcastle, Australia
1. Re: baby milk at airport

The 250ml container will exceed the 100ml maximum allowed onto planes these days as hand luggage. I assume this will be the same for baby milk as for other liquids.

If you are only transferring in Singapore and not actually stopping over then you wont need to clear customs there, only in Oz. I believe Oz customs will not allow milk or other dairy products into the country.

Have you considered buying powdered formula for your travels?

southampton
reviews: 12
2. Re: baby milk at airport

thanks for reply bu tjust rang heathrow and they now accept the 250ml cartons and small jars of food enough for the flight through customs in hand luggage so dont have to panic now.!

3. Re: baby milk at airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, July 14, 2010