We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

DELTA automated

Fort Lauderdale
reviews: 1
DELTA automated

Delta is removing the Human Element. Recently in Atlanta and had to deal with Delta's automated customer service due to them overbooking flights and giving my ticket away. What a disaster!! No human contact only computers and wall phones with automated voice. This is unacceptable CS practice. This only exacerbates a bad situation causing more frustration when in need of help. Now they are on their way to monopolizing the skies. Is this our future in travel????

CarolA5501
31. Re: DELTA automated

Cody,

Showing up 6 months later to "bump up" your thread?? Why? hmmm.

And by the way, I have continued to fly Delta out of Atlanta at least 2 x a month since September and have YET to see a plane fully boarded with the door closed 35 minutes before departure!

Seattle, Washington
reviews: 91
32. Re: DELTA automated

Sorry Cody - your posted link is nonsense. I always find these stories difficult, as they present only one side of the story, and are usually full of holes.

You may purchase airline tickets online for anyone, they don't have to be in your name. I've done it many times in the last year.

I would guess that the "friend" did not actually ticket this reservation. A confirmation number does not mean you have a ticket. I have a reservation on hold at this moment with a confirmation number, but I don't have a ticket for it. If I showed up at the airport with my itinerary and confirmation number in hand, I would not be allowed to board the flight unless I paid for it.

There are stories of bad customer service and problems with every airline. I am not sure why you pulled this old chestnut up again.

33. Re: DELTA automated

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:16 am, August 05, 2010