We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flying with Delta.

Coventry
reviews: 5
Flying with Delta.

Hey people first time poster, here and need some advice.

I booked tickets to fly from gatwick to atlanta in june. I booked the tickets in january, when the flight code was DL11, but now it has been changed to DL811 and is operated by NWA. So a few questions.

What time will I need to check in at? Its a 9am flight so I assume 6am with 3 hour check-in.

Also the ticket they sent me in a email with my ticket it still says its Flight DL11, do i need to contact delta to get my tickets changed or will they still accept it with DL11 on it?

Also who desk do I check in at, NWA or Delta?

Cheers in advance

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
reviews: 48
1. Re: Flying with Delta.

"Also the ticket they sent me in a email with my ticket it still says its Flight DL11, do i need to contact delta to get my tickets changed or will they still accept it with DL11 on it?"

I don't think you mean a "ticket", they probably emailed your itinerary, very few (no?) airlines use paper tickets anymore.

You can go onto Delta.com and put in your confirmation number and it should reflect the updated flight information. Print it out and bring it with you.

Delta and Northwest are in the midst of a merger. I don't think they've gotten to the point of having only one check-in desk yet. So if your flight is operated by Northwest that is where you should check in.

Coventry
2. Re: Flying with Delta.

Sorry yeah, Its not my ticket but a Electronic Ticket Receipt which states the Flights DL11 But also has a Itinerary emailed to me also which shows the changes, so if I take that aswell I should be ok?

Detroit, MI
Destination Expert
for Detroit, Travel Gadgets and Gear
3. Re: Flying with Delta.

All you need to check in is your ID - they can pull it up just by your name and destination. You can also check in online and it will print the latest info. Pull up your reservation online and print a copy of the itinerary for your own reference. It is also a good idea to make sure you keep a copy of the e-ticket receipt with you - in case of irregular operations in Europe, sometimes they want the e-ticket information.

Worthing, United...
reviews: 35
4. Re: Flying with Delta.

Blaze87 we're doing a similar journey, but from Heathrow to Atlanta at the end of April. I suggest you reserve your seats online asap if you haven't done already as planes are filling up. Our flight is full except for 4 seats.

I'm not sure how long one needs to check in, we're opting for 2hrs 30mins. I hope this is enough to get checked in & through security.

Anyone out there can answer this one????

simpsonville,sc
reviews: 10
5. Re: Flying with Delta.

I'd make a solid 3 hr. ahead

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Air Travel, Business Travel
reviews: 81
6. Re: Flying with Delta.

You can slao check in online within 24 hours of the flight. That will save you time, but not much at LGW since you still have to go through the passport check. I wouldn't show up three hours ahead of a flight. In the US, I'm lucky to leave the house two hours ahead of a flight for a 30 minute drive to the airport... but then, I usually don't check bags (anything less than an hour ahead risks leaving your bags behind).

The biggest problem you will face in the morning is the morning rush. It is a high flight volume time and the security lines can be long. But having left LGW at around that time many times in the past year, I can't ever remember having difficulty with the security lines.

When flying out of Gatwick I usually stay the night before departure at the Sofitel at the airport... cheapest room rates have been via the Continental Airlines website. It REALLY helps with that early morning jaunt.

Given your flight time, I'd be comfortable being at the check-in counter 90 minutes before the flight, but if you are not already out at LGW, plan for two hours before... just in case. Then again, you know your traffic delay potential better than any of us.

Coventry
7. Re: Flying with Delta.

Cheers for the advice guys. We just have the allocated seats from when we booked which is 22 a and b, So i assume these are our seats. We have already booked for the Sofitel at Gatwick since we leave over 3 hours away from the Airport and Im not driving down as we fly back into Heathrow.

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
reviews: 61
8. Re: Flying with Delta.

It never hurts to go back on line and see if your res is on the screen with the seats that you were originally allocated. I often go back to check just because things can happen.

Coventry
9. Re: Flying with Delta.

Yeah have a check every week and the only time they didnt show up was when they changed the outbound flight from DL11 to 811 because we got changed from a 767-300 to a A330. But within a week it was all sorted and still have 22 a&b.

Cheers for the advice people, 1st time ive been abroad without it being a package holiday, so fretting a bit

10. Re: Flying with Delta.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:17 am, October 20, 2009