We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

longhaul

farnworth
reviews: 2
longhaul

first time on longhaul flight flying from heathrow to sanfransico with united airline, as anyone done this route and is this airline good for service from checkin to onboard plane service, what can we expect being our first time. and can you ask for seats with extra leg room. any information would be welcome cheers.......

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 53
1. Re: longhaul

You can buy Economy Plus access, give you 4" extra legroom. Worth doing IMO. Only buy one pass if you do as you can take a guest free with you. You can buy up to Economy Plus on the day but it isn't guaranteed.

www.unitedpromotions.com/epahome…

United certainly aren't the best airline out there but for me Economy Plus makes a BIG difference if flying down the back.

Seattle, Washington
reviews: 85
2. Re: longhaul

Agree with the E+ suggestion; feel it would be well worth it for you if you don't want to pay the big $$ for business class. It's much more comfortable than regular economy.

Service can be great or not so good as with any other airline. Alcohol will not be free and will cost you $6 a drink. Food pretty bad in coach, and not much better in C. I always order a special meal, usually Asian Vegetarian; I get my food first (when the special meal is actually loaded on the plane) and it seems to be better than the regular meal.

Entertainment is also not the best in coach. You can't watch movies on demand (start and stop them at will), but that's what iPods are for.

3. Re: longhaul

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:44 am, October 23, 2009