We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sydney Named Australia's Worst Airport.

South Pole
reviews: 39
Sydney Named Australia's Worst Airport.

as if we regular users didn't already know that!!!!!

it's the parking rip off that gets me. no facilities to pick up arriving passengers "on the move", forced to park and wait in the terminal or risk a heavy fine for illegal pick up.

smh.com.au/travel/travel-news/queues-chaos-w…

Hong Kong, China
reviews: 130
1. Re: Sydney Named Australia's Worst Airport.

Yes, that rip-off is shameful. I refuae to go through Sydney when visiting Australia, it's a nasty experience.

The ticket taxes are also the highest! Compare a ticket to/from, say, Melbourne, to the same airline and route for Sydney. Scandalous.

London, United...
reviews: 7
2. Re: Sydney Named Australia's Worst Airport.

I can only assume the people that voted on this survey had never flown to Alice Springs airport.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Air Travel, Business Travel
reviews: 77
3. Re: Sydney Named Australia's Worst Airport.

When it takes three hours to clear customs and make your way to the domestic side... if you can find the transfer bus location in the first place... it is certainly a terrible place. The only worse airport I've been through is Frankfurt 2.5 hours and 5(!) security lines without going through customs.

My last few trips have been via Brisbane, Cairns, and best of all... Melbourne, but only because it has better facilities.

4. Re: Sydney Named Australia's Worst Airport.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:20 pm, October 21, 2009