We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Canadian Transferring Flights in Heathrow, How much time?

Canada
Destination Expert
for Algonquin Park, Gros Morne National Park
reviews: 690
Canadian Transferring Flights in Heathrow, How much time?

Toronto to Heathrow (T3), the Heathrow (terminal 5) to SAfrica.

How much time do I need between flights?

Do I have to clear British Customs even if I am not staying? Do I need to get my luggage to clear customs??

I have had time problems if I switch in USA on connections even if I am not staying there so I though I'd look ahead.

toronto
reviews: 3
11. Re: Canadian Transferring Flights in Heathrow, How much time?

I think you will find that flights from Toronto arrive in the morning and that flights leaving for SA are in the evening giving you more than enough time to transfer across. Going from SA to Toronto will be more of a problem. Personally I would ensure that I have at least 3 hours to transfer as you still need to clear security checks even though you are in transit.

If your stop over on the way to SA is more than 10 hours you could store your hand luggage at the airport and go do some sight seeing in London - catch the tube it takes about an hour.

Travelling The World
reviews: 26
12. Re: Canadian Transferring Flights in Heathrow, How much time?

There are flights all through the day between Toronto and London. From memory Air Canada has about 5 between 9am and 9pm, plus there is BA and charters. You can easily time your arrival into Heathrow to give a smooth transfer to SA with a minimum of hanging around time.

13. Re: Canadian Transferring Flights in Heathrow, How much time?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:20 am, October 18, 2009