We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Atlanta Airport-Connection time

Syracuse, New York
reviews: 6
Atlanta Airport-Connection time

Flying in from Syracuse to Atlanta on Delta. Have 50 minutes connection time to a Delta flight to Mexico City. Have called Delta twice and they have said that is enough time to make the connection. Comments?

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
reviews: 49
1. Re: Atlanta Airport-Connection time

It's a legal connection, so that is the answer you're going to get from Delta. (Would you expect them to say otherwise lol.)

Personally it's not a connection time I'd be comfortable with, but it sounds like you've already booked the ticket - so if everything goes on schedule you'll have enough time to get off the one plane, hop on the underground tram to your departure terminal, and get to your gate in time.

If not, they'll rebook you for the next one. Delta and Aeromexico have 4 flights a day to MEX from ATL, at least on the random date I checked.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Yucatan Peninsula
reviews: 54
2. Re: Atlanta Airport-Connection time

as the previous poster said you're lucky that there are several flights to Mexico City a day.

Delta just did this to me though for a flight to Guatemala City (only 1/day) so I talked them into waiving the $150 change fee to fly me down the night before. I'm willing to spring for a $90/night airport hotel to be sure I'll make my connection. Nothing they can say will make me believe that is a do-able connection in that aiport, especially on a Friday morning. I had to call the frequent flier dept to get someone willing to agree this was cutting it close.....

Winter Park, Florida
reviews: 9
3. Re: Atlanta Airport-Connection time

If all is running smoothly and on time, no problem. I fly through Atlanta all the time and find it very easy to transit.

Syracuse, New York
reviews: 6
4. Re: Atlanta Airport-Connection time

Thanks for your input but surprise, surprise, Delta has changed my departure time so... I now have about 75 minutes to make the connection. Thank you Delta

Kettering, United...
reviews: 134
5. Re: Atlanta Airport-Connection time

Atlanta is fine for transferring EXCEPT if you are coming into the US! We had a three hour transfer time and nearly missed it due to the amount of time spent at immigration. Without wishing to be rude, its not thebest introduction to the US that a traveller could have.

6. Re: Atlanta Airport-Connection time

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:19 pm, October 06, 2009