We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Experience of Egyptair

Dos cerveza, por...
reviews: 6
Experience of Egyptair

Several months ago I posted a request for information regarding flying with Egyptair. I got a few replies but not much information so I thought I'd share this.....

We flew Heathrow-Cairo-Aswan-Luxor-Heathrow. Check in at LHR was pretty painless. As advised to me previously, Egyptair is a dry airline so if you want a drink on the way buy yourself some duty free minatures. They'll happily serve soft drinks all flight. Aircraft on all flights was clean. Minor signs of wear & tear on the seats but by no means worn out. Aircrew very pleasant. It's true that a passage from the Koran is read out prior to take off but this wasn't a problem. Food was reasonable quality as aircraft economy meals go. Nothing fancy like seat back LCD screens on their aircraft but all in all I was pleasantly surprised. I wouldn't go out of my way to fly with them again as there are much better carriers out there but if I had little choice I certainly wouldn't discount them as an option. Now that they are a fully fledged member of Star Alliance they may get even better. Shame I flew with them about two weeks before the official date as I lost out on a load of frequent flyer miles........

Shanghai, China
reviews: 5
1. Re: Experience of Egyptair

They used to be known as "air dog", and were the carrier of last choice to the middle east. It seems that they have had to "up their game" to join the Star Alliance.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
reviews: 32
2. Re: Experience of Egyptair

Good to know Rex-Diver..flew them a while back on similar itinerary within Egypt coming from/to Athens and was pretty uneventful..now that they're Star Alliance agree they'll most likely improve! Enjoy!

Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 15
3. Re: Experience of Egyptair

Sounds very similar to my experience with them, which i have told you about before.

I agree that I wouldnt go out of my way to fly them, but now they are with Star and have new planes on order, I expect the experience to get better.

Thats a good thing, because Egypt is a great destination to visit!!

London, United...
reviews: 2
4. Re: Experience of Egyptair

I have a question. I have to fly with Egyptair (CAI - DXB) next may, I have the eticket with me and I can read that "Egyptair can denie the boarding if the passengers are not the owners of the credit card. My father is the owner...!

This people in the checking ask for the credit cards? I have never heard about thing like this!.

can you tell me your experiences related to this?

Somerset
Destination Expert
for Cape Town
5. Re: Experience of Egyptair

Re paying by credit card - It is quite common if an e-ticket is booked by credit card the owner of the credit card must be one of the passengers on that ticket and I have often been asked to show my credit card at check-in.

London
reviews: 21
6. Re: Experience of Egyptair

Yes although many airlines state this it appear to be the middle eastern airlines who stick to this rule. There was a case, I believe couple years ago, two passengers denied boarding Qatar flight at London Gatwick because they did not have original credit card with them. The passengers had to buy two new tickets at an increased price and then try to claim back original fare. My recent flight with Sri Lankan airlines they actually took my credit card and photocopied it and stapled copy to their documentation. I know I have quoted two different airlines but my point is that yes you probably do need original credit card. It is best to contact airline by e mail or phone and ask their advice. Its no good taking your dads credit card as presume this in slightly different name.

Travelling The World
reviews: 17
7. Re: Experience of Egyptair

I wonder where Rexy has got to BTW...

8. Re: Experience of Egyptair

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 pm, October 21, 2009