We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

US travel site to book Premium Economy class

Lisbon, Portugal
US travel site to book Premium Economy class

Greetings everyone!

Nowadays I only book my flights online, and usually I use the airline site (I am a BA FF) or Expedia. However, I cannot book premium economy flights there, or any other site I know.

Is there any reliable US site where we have an option to book Prem. Econ. class, just like businees or first?...

(I am only interested in US sites or international sites using USD as base currency).

Many thanks in advance for all replies!

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
reviews: 60
1. Re: US travel site to book Premium Economy class

I must be really out of the loop BUT I don't even know a USA airline that offers "premium economy" seats. What are they?

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 53
2. Re: US travel site to book Premium Economy class

I must be really out of the loop BUT I don't even know a USA airline that offers "premium economy" seats. What are they?

They are asking more along the lines of which online TAs (Travelocity, Expedia et al) allow you to select premium economy.

What's interesting is expedia.co.uk does have a premium economy option whereas expedia.com doesn't!

As for what premium economy is:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Premium_Economy

Lisbon, Portugal
3. Re: US travel site to book Premium Economy class

The only US airline with a premium econ. class is United. However, you cannot book that class as a fare bucket.

But as the title stated, I am looking for a US site, not for a US airline.

Any other idea?...

Thanks anyway!!!

Isle of Man, United...
reviews: 199
4. Re: US travel site to book Premium Economy class

Tuga,

Try BA.com,

Book economy and as you get to the end of the process but before paying they invite you to upgrade one or both legs to WT+. It may not be in $$ but worth a try.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 53
5. Re: US travel site to book Premium Economy class

Try BA.com

The "en_us" BA.com will price up in dollars, but starting a ticket outside the US and it will bill you in currency of originating country. e.g. go to "en_us" and start a ticket in Amsterdam and it'll tell you it is pricing the ticket in Euros.

Isle of Man, United...
reviews: 199
6. Re: US travel site to book Premium Economy class

Correct. I do not see a problem.

I also found that BA.com has Prem economy on the drop down tab for booking class.

Lisbon, Portugal
7. Re: US travel site to book Premium Economy class

Thanks, everyone!

Yes, BA.com is an option, but will it be the only one? My point was to find a US site (like expedia.co.uk) with Prem.Econ. option, but it seems that there isnt one.

Any other ideas on this?...

How can I find a cheap Prem.Econ. fare quoted in USD?...

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
reviews: 14
8. Re: US travel site to book Premium Economy class

The only online travel booking site I've found that allows pax to book in Premium Economy is expedia.co.uk. Otherwise, you'll have to use the airline's website and book directly.

9. Re: US travel site to book Premium Economy class

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:41 am, September 27, 2009