We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with flight to Newcastle in July? or is it too early?

Winnipeg, Manitoba
reviews: 6
Help with flight to Newcastle in July? or is it too early?

Can anyone advice me on the best route to fly to Newcastle on Tyne from Winnipeg this July? I have been busy checking many sites but havent come up with a good answer. The fuel surcharges have really increased the prices. It would seem that Air Transat is the best price but not my preferred airline.

Has anyone flown with Globespan or heard of them? They are flying from Calgary this summer but who are they?

Thanks all

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
reviews: 15
1. Re: Help with flight to Newcastle in July? or is it too early?

Globespan is a Scotland-based charter company. Reviews at airlinequality.com are mixed, to say the least.

Zoom is a charter company based on Ottawa, which flies from the 'Peg to London Gatwick. If fares are decent, you could fly to LGW then travel to NCL with FlyBe. Fares will depend on how far in advance you book. Alternately, again if fares are very good, take the coach from LGW to LHR for a flight with BA to NCL.

Fares are high, it's true. Travelling in July is at peak season, so you may or may not find fares dropping a bit before your departure date. Once you find a fare and routing with which you can live, book it and don't look back.

If you do wish to go to NCL from LHR, allow at least four hours - five may be better - to get from LGW to LHR, esp in July.

Durham, United...
reviews: 17
2. Re: Help with flight to Newcastle in July? or is it too early?

do u mean flyglobespan! iv heard that (dunno if it's true) they're not brilliant. you'd have to fly to manchester or glasgow, don't think they come to newcastle anymore. try googling them to see how they rate but i've heard of long delays, not enough planes, having to hire an itailian "low-cost" plane and staff to cover routes......

but if the price is right, i'd give 'em a go, but that's me!!!

try ebookers.com, kayak etc. to find dates/fares/airlines then book with the actual airline if it's cheaper. quick look in june £747.00

united airlines YWG-NCL 2 stops via MSP and AMS

we don't mind stops but some people do. dunno if any diract to NCL

good luck......tom

Hartlepool
reviews: 7
3. Re: Help with flight to Newcastle in July? or is it too early?

try a website like travelsupermarket.com - they might show suggested airlines and then you can go direct to their website.

i would suggest getting a flight into one of the London airports, manchester or glasgow and then making your way to newcastle from there by either train or the air. You will find the price cheaper because prices are higher to fly to newcaslte.

Isle of Man, United...
reviews: 222
4. Re: Help with flight to Newcastle in July? or is it too early?

Lots of folk flew Globespan last year without problems BUT boy when it did go wrong, those affected would rather have swum it. Delays were counted in days not hours in some cases. Avoid LHR if you can. Going via AMS would give a good KLM connection to Newcastle.

Winnipeg, Manitoba
reviews: 6
5. Re: Help with flight to Newcastle in July? or is it too early?

Thank you all, I always appreciate fellow travellers opinions. Who knows better than perhaps someone who has been there and done that! :)

6. Re: Help with flight to Newcastle in July? or is it too early?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:19 am, September 22, 2009