We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Easyjet first-timer: what to expect?

under the sun
reviews: 1
Easyjet first-timer: what to expect?

I'll be flying into (& later back out of) Gatwick in summer with Easyjet. I've never flown with them before & understand there are some differences (food? boarding/seating?) from the scheduled airlines I've used before. Please tell me what to expect if you've used them before. I've seen them called SLEAZYjet in places - are they that bad, and why?

Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
for Mijas, Sitio de Calahonda
reviews: 60
21. Re: Easyjet first-timer: what to expect?

I'm another Easyjet fan! I flying to Malaga with them in May. They have a much better range of flight times than most other airlines so you can tailor your holiday to suit you. Plus the staff are always very friendly and offer a great service.

I have used speedy boarding but on some flights so many people use it that it isn't worth paying the extra. The seat pitch is fairly good compared to some airlines I flown with - including long haul with BA and Quantas! The food and drink on board is quite good too and not too over priced - considering you pay a minimum of £6 per person per flight with Monarch or First Choice for a meal the cost of things with Easyjet is fine.

I always watch the Airline programme on TV about them and it never ceases to amaze me how many people who complaint about them on TV are complaining after they've arrived late at the check in desk or have lost their passports or ID. As check in opens 2 hours before a flight anyone who gets there with only 2 mins to spare should expect that they may be too late for a flight.

The longest delay I've had is when there was the blizzards in the UK one January and our flight from Barcelona was delayed for 3 hours because the incoming flight couldn't take off from Stansted. The airport staff were not very sympathetic and everything was closed but the Easyjet staff were very apologetic even though it wasn't their fault. Other than that the longest delay we've had is 20 mins.

scotland
reviews: 83
22. Re: Easyjet first-timer: what to expect?

For short haul Easy Jet is brilliant

we only discovered them last year and have gone 3 time with them to Spain..cant fault them

23. Re: Easyjet first-timer: what to expect?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 pm, September 21, 2009