We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fast track security at Liverpool

West Yorkshire...
Destination Expert
for Family Travel
reviews: 82
Fast track security at Liverpool

What is this all about? We went to Malaga from Liverpool last month and were on time, having previously checked in on-line, hand luggage only etc. On arrival at the security though there was a huuuuuge long queue - never seen one so long before - and a shorter queue with some machines similar to car park payment machines. Basically for a fee of £2 each (I think) you get to go in the shorter queue. What a swizz this has got to be!! Another money spinner for the airport I think! We had to do it though as otherwise we would have been pushed to board on time. There was probably only one security person on the regular queue in order to get passengers to part with a little extra cash!

Anyone else had to do the same?

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
1. Re: Fast track security at Liverpool

Some more info

uk-airport-news.info/liverpool-airport-news-…

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 53
2. Re: Fast track security at Liverpool

I've never seen the ability to pay a fee for Fast Track security before! Then again I've never flown through Liverpool.

Usually Fast Track is for those flying business class or first, and depending upon the airport, for those with elite frequent flyer status.

Newburgh, United...
3. Re: Fast track security at Liverpool

We flew out of Liverpool in July, and although we proceeded straight to security, we were met with a large queue for the normal lane. After about 10 mins, we got to the top of the stairs, where the fast track machines are placed, showing a notice stating that it was a 15 min queue from that point. Once you make your way onto the stairs, you realise that you will be longer than the 15 mins. In fact, a lot of people were making their way back up the stairs once they realised that they might miss their flight, and were blackmailed into making the £2 each payment. We stayed in the queue, but our flight was boarding at 5 mins to the hour, and we were still in the queue at 20 past, which was about an hour after joining it. We finally made it onto our flight, but it was a bit nerve wracking. I won't be using Liverpool again, even though they fly direct to places I like going.

Manchester
reviews: 112
4. Re: Fast track security at Liverpool

This happened to my son 2 weeks ago, he missed his flight to Faro due to the huge queue at security, he was in the queue 1 and 1/2 hours, it is ridiculous, there are about 6 early morning flights between 6am-6.30am, and he says there was only 1 guy on security checking bags, we are trying to take this further , but to no avail - if anyone has any ideas .

When I last used Liverpool in June we got 2 free fast tracks with paying for carparking.

Jess

MERSEYSIDE
5. Re: Fast track security at Liverpool

i'm in 2 minds about this one, i pay it as it's only £2 and you are through in no time but it is a rip off! what are you getting for your money?

however is it any different to easyjet etc offering speedy boarding at a cost to get on the plane first? at some airports you may be checked through the gate but then you have to get on a bus with everyone else so where is the benefit?

we recently flew from liverpool and paid the £2 and there was a bit of a queue in the fast lane so obviously people are prepared to pay. we were through in about 10 mins. what would happen if you were in the other queue for ages and your flight was boarding?

there are usually only 2 of us so it's only a couple of quid but what about a family with a few kids. Parting with about a tenner for what?

MERSEYSIDE
6. Re: Fast track security at Liverpool

sorry i've just noticed that the last poster said they'd missed a flight. i wish you could see the last post when you click reply!! it's a pain. good luck with the claim about the missed flight. I assume that the airline will be able to show what time the passenger(s) checked in and there will be video evidence of the length of the queue

7. Re: Fast track security at Liverpool

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:20 pm, October 07, 2009