We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thomsonfly.com - a tale of two flights!

bucks
reviews: 20
Thomsonfly.com - a tale of two flights!

I booked 2 flights online with Thomsonfly.com; one was booked in June and the other was booked in September. A week after booking the second flight, I received 2 emails from the company, informing me of a change to all flight times (both bookings, departure and return journeys were altered). OK, this was a nuisance but only really involved minor changes in our plans. Two weeks ago, however, I received a further email from the company informing me that the flight booked in June for next Feb, had now been cancelled. I was offered no alternative as the route had simply been withdrawn. We got the cost of the flight back and, luckily, were not left out of pocket. No holiday, but no debt. However, today, I have received yet another email. This one informed me that the flights my family were booked on, for the 19th December, returning 23rd December, have been cancelled. Again, no alternative was offered. As I have already booked and paid, in full, for the hotel, parking etc, I will be left considerably out of pocket if I cancel. I have been frantically looking for alternative flights but being Christmas and only 6 weeks away, they are all around double the price of the original ones booked. I understand, from another source, that Thomsonfly cancelled their flight and that was to yet another destination.

Isle of Man, United...
reviews: 222
1. Re: Thomsonfly.com - a tale of two flights!

Step One.

Advise your Travel Insurance company of the loss caused by cancellation. Produce the cancellation note and booking confirmation for Hotel etc.,

Step Two.

Advise ABTA/ATOL.

Step Three.

Fly scheduled in future. Charters consolidate/cancel and just seem to get away with it.

Sorry you have had your Christmas plans ruined. This is simply unacceptable.

bucks
2. Re: Thomsonfly.com - a tale of two flights!

I got the cancelled flights the wrong way round! The flights booked nearly 6 months ago in June, were for December and these are the ones that have just been cancelled with only 6 weeks to go. So much for being well organised and prepared for the rise in prices over the Christmas period.

The flights booked in September were for the holiday in February.

Isle of Man, United...
3. Re: Thomsonfly.com - a tale of two flights!

Doesn't change anything.

They failed to deliver and broke their contract with you incurring extra costs..

Steps 1-3 still apply.

bucks
4. Re: Thomsonfly.com - a tale of two flights!

Thank you for your responses. The fact that I booked these flights nearly 6 months ago and that Thomson had my money for that period of time makes it worse! With the previous cancellation, I had to wait nearly 2 weeks for the refund and I have just been informed by Thomson that this could be the same on this occasion.

Isle of Man, United...
5. Re: Thomsonfly.com - a tale of two flights!

Report them to ATOL. Refunds should be as quick as their ticketing rules.

6. Re: Thomsonfly.com - a tale of two flights!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:15 pm, September 12, 2009