We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Not air travel but don't know where else to put it.

England
reviews: 13
Not air travel but don't know where else to put it.

Checked out the hotel reviews forums lately?

It's all changed. Every single thing in the layout has changed. This has happened within the last 24 hours or so.

I must admit to being somewhat nonplussed. What was "wrong" with the previous layout which was absolutely fine IMHO?

Am I the only one to notice? Am I the only one who cares?

Baffled ShaCL.

Travelling The World
reviews: 26
1. Re: Not air travel but don't know where else to put it.

Try putting it here:

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g1-i9659-Off_topic…

Cherry Hill, NJ
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia
reviews: 60
2. Re: Not air travel but don't know where else to put it.

The change is primarily for UK users at this point, from what I understand it will be rolled out to the US later. It's the standard redesign all commercial sites do every so often to remain 'fresh' and 'relevant'.

England
3. Re: Not air travel but don't know where else to put it.

The off-topic chatter forum?

I "lived" there for a bit.

It's just a lot of silly word-games,and cliques.

IMO.

Thanks for replying!

England
4. Re: Not air travel but don't know where else to put it.

"The change is primarily for UK users at this point, from what I understand it will be rolled out to the US later. It's the standard redesign all commercial sites do every so often to remain 'fresh' and 'relevant'."

Loonbeam, I hear you. I particularly hear the inverted commas.

There was absolutely nothing wrong with the old display and I for one preferred it. I do not understand why the font sizes are larger now. Are they catering for people who can't see well?

If it's "fresh" and "relevant" they're after, why the HECK don't they enable quoting? Most forums have [quote] and [/quote] to pick out something another poster wrote, and reply back to that. Here, all we can do is copy and paste and then shove inverted commas around it to show that it is indeed a copy and paste.

If they cannot or will not enable Quoting, then why not enable italics mode, for instance? Then the flipping copy and paste could be italicised to help readers.

Why aren't one's own posts editable? I've been around boards for years but never encountered that one anywhere else. Ye Gods, you can't even PREVIEW a reply like this, whereas you can preview a hotel review (why the inconsistency?).

Don't get me wrong: I like this place. If I didn't I would not be here. I just don't understand the peculiar posting restrictions.

Cherry Hill, NJ
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia
reviews: 60
5. Re: Not air travel but don't know where else to put it.

Some mysteries are beyond me....

Travelling The World
6. Re: Not air travel but don't know where else to put it.

The OTC is where it belongs nonetheless. Otherwise you risk having it shut down.

England
7. Re: Not air travel but don't know where else to put it.

Having it shut down? You mean the thread will be deleted?

OK. I'll put it there then, but for all I know posting the same thread in two forums is also not allowed.

Travelling The World
8. Re: Not air travel but don't know where else to put it.

More likely simply closed off.

No problem posting the same thing in two different forums. People often do, e.g. can't decide between London and Paris in both forums.

England
9. Re: Not air travel but don't know where else to put it.

Just out of interest, world voyager, are you some sort of tripadvisor policeman? Or just an interested party?

I am astonished that with so many contributors here, no one else has bothered to comment on the recent board changes.

Maybe there isn't a culture here in commenting on board changes - not what I'm used to, TBH.

Ho Hum.

Adelaide, Australia
reviews: 32
10. Re: Not air travel but don't know where else to put it.

Hi ShaCL- I mainly visit this forum and rarely look at hotel reviews except when planning a holiday. So I'm not even sure how or if or when things change and so it doesnt bother me much. I know that some posters on the Australian forum have complained about many issues on the hotel review page - especially the rating system which is definitely open to abuse. And some of the more prolific posters and supporters of TA have said they wont post there again until its improved.

As for the OTC I agree its a pretty stupid and scary place and IMO completely out of control and i think its getting worse. Just now there are several posts about US political figures which are just simply inflammatory.

Get answers to your questions