We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Easyjet V's Ryanair ?

Derby, United...
Easyjet V's Ryanair ?

OK i know this has probably been asked before !

BUT....

i'm planning to fly from East Midlands Airport in Feb To Rome ...

usually fly Easyjet but the flights aren't as cheap as Ryanair !

i've heard that Ryanair charge more for baggage ?

but hasn't Easyjet introduced this now ?

shall i stick to what i know or go for the cheaper air fare ?

thanks for any answers i get : )

Ciao

XxEm

Travelling The World
reviews: 26
11. Re: Easyjet V's Ryanair ?

Here is an interesting article from earlier this year comparing the two airlines between Stansted and Barcelona (or "Barcelona") in Ryanair's case.

…about.com/od/…ryaneasycompari.htm

A few things have changed (Easyjet charging for hold luggage for example) but it does highlight the fact that Ryanair is not always cheaper. In this case it was mor expensive by far, not even taking into account the 100-mile trip from the airport to Barcelona if that is your final destination.

It is always worth comparing very carefully. I have taken six flights recently to places where Ryanair was in compteition with other airlines (Including Birmingham to Dublin!). Ryanair never worked out cheaper than BA, Easyjet, Aer Lingus or Air France. Not once, when all was taken into account - even if I was willing to leave at 5.30am.

MERSEYSIDE
reviews: 60
12. Re: Easyjet V's Ryanair ?

easyjet every time for me. haven't been since baggage charges came in but have used both airlines on a number of occasions and it's the orange uniform that comes up trumps every time. i would rather travel a bit further than save a few quid.

travelled to spain this year, flew out with FR and back with EZY. we were more than two hours in the queue on the way out, hadn't moved after about 40 mins and the reason for this was that lots of people were over the baggage weight limit (myself included) and this was holding up the queue. i really thought i was under weight but ended up paying again for being about 1kg over, queued up again behind loads of people in same position and ended up having to pay at liverpool to bypass the queue or we weouldn't have got the plane. flying back with ezy we were delayed on the way to the airport and they checked us in in their emergency queue as it was a one for all queue, didn't weigh the bags and we were straight on.

we had a delayed ezy flight a couple of years ago, it was just under 3 hours and we were issued with vouchers for a few quid as soon as they were aware there was a problem. we were kept fully informed and were really impressed with them. i have a friend who was ill on a flight and easy jet staff were really good

Derby, United...
13. Re: Easyjet V's Ryanair ?

you are all so helpful : )

thanks for all the replies !

and just out of interest i'm going to do the "fake" info thing and see what all the charges are !!!

you really have all helped me lots : )

XxEm

14. Re: Easyjet V's Ryanair ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:23 am, September 10, 2009