We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

illness onflight or away

melbourne
Destination Expert
for Coolangatta
reviews: 14
illness onflight or away

ever got ill onflight or at your accomm?

how were you treated?

Sydney, Australia
reviews: 6
1. Re: illness onflight or away

Yes, when in Las Vegas in January I made the mistake of eating an "all beef weiner" from the snackbar at the Bellagio no less. I was up all night being sick and we had to fly home the next day. I didnt want to let on that I was sick at the airport check in becuase I didnt want them to offload me.We had to fly LV toLAX, LAX to Fiji then Fiji to Sydney. Needless to say when I was lying on a bench in LV airport feeling dreadful I was telling my sister to leave me behind. But I soldiered on, survived and was fine by the time we got to Fiji.

Liverpool, United...
reviews: 9
2. Re: illness onflight or away

This little story isn't so much an illness but more uncomfortable.

Flying back from New York to UK, with our baby son in tow, he was about 18 months, we had a great trip etc. Our son still liked his bottled milk/formula as a snack and was easy on the plane to dispense as so to speak. Anyway 1hr into the flight, he decides to Yak without warning all over me!! Wipe up as much as possibe etc. Then 3 hrs into the flight YAK again all over me, I just happenned to be holding him again!!! This time he managed to be sick over himself too. But he was fortunate to have a change of clothing!! Then, YES, 1 hr before landing I got the hatrick all over me again!! I was drenched with wet/dry milk sick!! You can imagine the smell. Hey, I had no problem getting the suitcases, plenty of room, everyone gave me plenty of room!!! lol

Our little boy was OK, running around as if nothing happenned. The BA staff were great in providing wipes etc. But I will always remember that flight!!

Rousey

melbourne
Destination Expert
for Coolangatta
3. Re: illness onflight or away

thanks for your replies both of you.

Worthing, United...
reviews: 33
4. Re: illness onflight or away

Just recently on a trip to Boston my husband was taken ill with an infection. Our neighbour where we were staying happened to be an ER doctor and he issued a prescription straight away. He even telephoned the pharmacy to get the cheapest drugs available for us. As we were travelling on to Orlando he issued another prescription to take with us, just in case. He didn't charge anything for this but we gave him two beautiful standard roses for his garden when we left.

PS. We do have health insurance for travel to the US but the excess is £10,000 on my husbands due to a previous medical condition.

Melbourne, Australia
5. Re: illness onflight or away

My significant other, whilst usually 'he-of-the-iron-stomach', likes to eat the local stuff when abroad- as you do- despite the fact that he knows full well this will most certainly result in him being up for most of the night with his nether regions going like a tap whilst I'm sleeping dreamily in the king sized bed! Never happens to me even though I eat the same thing (weird?).

If he's still like that when we're on the way home he'll spend a bit of time in the plane's toilet and, ofcourse, this means there'll be plenty of turbulence just to help matters. Without fail. I'm usually chuckling in my seat at this stage. :-0

Caernarfon, United...
reviews: 4
6. Re: illness onflight or away

on the way home from the DR a few weeks back, a pax got ill and they asked for anyone with medical background to go and help- my dad a paramedic did what needs to be doing- then the FA got sick too off he goes again- my mum had plenty of attention from other FA and then after sitting back down my dad got two bottles of champers and some stock of spirits :o)

melbourne
Destination Expert
for Coolangatta
7. Re: illness onflight or away

very interesting reading all thanks

8. Re: illness onflight or away

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:21 am, September 03, 2009