We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Laptop? Thompson to Tunisia

Near Liverpool...
reviews: 20
Laptop? Thompson to Tunisia

Hey:

I've just found out I've got a uni assignment due in the day after I get home from Tunisia, (i'm going on Wednesday)

Am I allowed to take my laptop with me? Am I allowed to take it as hand luggage? Am I still allowed to take my handbag?

Also, I know it's not related, but will it be safe to leave my laptop in the hotel room?

Pittsburgh, PA
reviews: 4
1. Re: Laptop? Thompson to Tunisia

I can't answer many of your questions, but one thing I can say. It's ONE item of hand luggage when leaving a UK airport, not one and a handbag, or one and a laptop bag: ONE and it must fit in the sizing bins.

Worthing, United...
reviews: 11
2. Re: Laptop? Thompson to Tunisia

Hi

I would say no to leaving your laptop in your room at the hotel unless you have a safe in which it will fit. Or you could try trusting it to the reception staff to put in their safe.

Back up everything on your laptop before you leave as an extra precaution.

Jackie

Surrey England
reviews: 61
3. Re: Laptop? Thompson to Tunisia

Hi there,

You will only be allowed to take one item through security.I recently flew to NZ with a laptopand the problem of what to do about a handbag.I found myself a neat "travelling" bag made by Radley.I t has adjustable straps so you can wear it across your body for safety when out and about and has good security pockets on it.The best bit is that it just fits into th side pocket of a Dell laptop bag.

Once you are through security you can remove and just wear it as normal.House of Fraser stock a good range of these bags

Near Liverpool...
reviews: 20
4. Re: Laptop? Thompson to Tunisia

Thanks for your replies everyone :)

I have a pretty neat little bag for my laptop (sort of like the radley one you describe) but I'm really going to try to avoid it!