We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airfare during Presidents week or Spring breaks ?

Danbury, Connecticut
Airfare during Presidents week or Spring breaks ?

Hi well I was all set to book a low fare for travel for next Presidents week 2/16-2/24 to the Carribbean or Cancun from NY. I went online the day fares opened up but to my surprise they were so high at least 400 + more than normal. and there are lots of seats available. So for a family of 4 about $3000 min to fly w/ stops!. Anyone have any experience with booking this week will fares come down or go up more? Would I be better off to wait for spring break ( next year we have 2 different breaks with Easter in March and Passover April.)Probably do the longer week in April.

Not sure to Book Presidents week now or wait or skip it and do another Vacaction break.

thanks for any help

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
reviews: 14
1. Re: Airfare during Presidents week or Spring breaks ?

Airlines' yield managers spend hours of time calculating fares - often the default fares are the highest the market will bear for dates X, Y and Z. As time passes and pax either book (or don't book) fares from point to point, yield managers re-jig the numbers, bringing the prices down to try to fill the seats.

Seat sales are on right now for summer travel, but there will be more for travel at later dates. Keep an eye on the website of your airline(s) of choice, as there are bound to be offers for travel next March and April.

Isle of Man, United...
reviews: 199
2. Re: Airfare during Presidents week or Spring breaks ?

If you think that's steep, take a look at what BA have done to LHR-LUN for October to December incl. September £550 return, 2nd October £1,500. Jan is back to £550. Thank goodness there are others on this route, not non stop but I am NOT paying that.

3. Re: Airfare during Presidents week or Spring breaks ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:16 am, August 30, 2009