We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

International Flight Duration Calculator?

Montreal
reviews: 5
International Flight Duration Calculator?

I am considering booking a non-stop flight from Toronto Canada to various destinations like Tokyo, Bangkok or Hong Kong and my question is this...

I was doing a little research on flight schedules and I see the flight departure and arrival times but I have no idea of the actual time in the air due to all the timezones, is there a flight-time calculator website where one could go and input the two airports and get the approximate flight time?

Just Wondering,

~DaleJr08~

Las Vegas, NV
reviews: 16
1. Re: International Flight Duration Calculator?

I don't know, but when you look up flights on most sites it tells you the duration of each flight along with the total duration including connection times.

Travelling The World
reviews: 18
2. Re: International Flight Duration Calculator?

This is more designed for pilots etc., but it might be useful to give you an idea.

www.airrouting.com/content/tdcalc.html

You will need to know the average speed of the aircraft, but there is a default of 460kt which should be good enough to give you an idea

London
reviews: 26
3. Re: International Flight Duration Calculator?

use amadeus.net to check the times.

It shows dep, arr and flight time

Montreal
reviews: 5
4. Re: International Flight Duration Calculator?

Well...I'm a little red faced...

I was only looking at discount wholesale websites which did not provide alot of flight details. I then checked the flights I was interested in with the airlines directly and presto, out pops the flight duration info.

Thanks again to all that posted,

~DaleJr08~

Chiang Khong...
reviews: 1
5. Re: International Flight Duration Calculator?

HI Dale

also check out the time between flights be careful on some cheap flights it is longer than the actual flights

going to asia you loose anywhere from 12 to 18 hrs

If I leave LAX at 11:55 PM sat I get to Bangkok

10:15 monday morning.

comming back you get back before you leave

last trip Ieft Bangkok at 6:50 AM monday arrived LAX 8:45 AM monday morning

USA & Altai Kray...
reviews: 2
6. Re: International Flight Duration Calculator?

You might also consider downloading software such as this one:

www.snapfiles.com/downloadfind.php…

Symmtime lets you set up any number of clocks on your computer desktop for various cities worldwide. A fantastic bit of easy-to-use freeware that I have used for several years. If you know the departure and arrival times you should be able to calculate flight times easily.

Las Vegas, NV
reviews: 16
7. Re: International Flight Duration Calculator?

Dale, they do it on the travel sites too (Expedia, Travelocity), but sometimes you have to go farther into the booking process for it to show up, and other times it's in small print.

8. Re: International Flight Duration Calculator?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:20 pm, August 24, 2009