We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Migration Safari

Qatar
Migration Safari

Hi everyone,

I am planning to go with my wife for a safari during the migration period. Are there any suggestions? I have heard that it will be a good idea to go to Kenya, any tips & hints?

Thank you in advance guys.

4 replies to this topic
Florida - Alaska...
Destination Expert
for Chiang Mai, Chiang Mai Province, Outdoors / Adventure Travel
reviews: 1
1. Re: Migration Safari

You might try searching both the Kenya and Tanzania forums. There are quite a few posts regarding safaris and wildlife viewing there.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Macau, Holiday Travel
reviews: 2,925
2. Re: Migration Safari

Hello Kiriakos_Skarpas

You will need to familiarise yourself with the migration schedule. During the Spring the migration is in Masai Mara Nature Reserve (Kenya) . In the Autumn, the herds have migrated south and are in Serengeti National Park (Tanzania). As such, a lot of where you will want to go depends on what time of year you are traveling.

We've done both sides and preferred the Spring time sightings in Tanzania as you can also visit the incredible Ngorogoro National Park which is adjacent to the Serengeti NP in Tanzania.

Here is a list of our top safari experiences, most are in Africa, if you want to see.

Top Safari Destinations

tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i38101-Top_Safa…

Best of luck with your research.

Singapore
reviews: 105
3. Re: Migration Safari

Cool list BradJill. Having done 1 and 2 on your list my next goal is Namibia and Botswana! I must say my no. 1 is the Serengeti, nothing beats the feeling of being alone in those wide open spaces....

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Macau, Holiday Travel
reviews: 2,925
4. Re: Migration Safari

Hello BornVivant,

Glad you like the list. And I don't think anyone would fault your top choice.

The Serengeti is fantastic, we think of it all the time. It remains a top 5 - top 10 place in the world for us. Namibia is a gem of a destination as well, just takes a bit of time to explore properly. Botswana is pricey but Chobe, Okavango Delta and the private reserves are very rewarding. In my view, you really can't go wrong with any of the above mentioned, they are each world-class choices and places that you will long remember.

Reply to: Migration Safari
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted