We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alice Springs to Uluru

London
Alice Springs to Uluru

We will be staying in Alice Springs next March and are looking for a tour from there to Uhuru. The prices are incredibly high - £450 per person for a two day coach journey including overnight accommodation but no meals. Is there any more economical way to do this (we want to avoid camping overnight)

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Macau, Holiday Travel
reviews: 2,934
1. Re: Alice Springs to Uluru

Hello ohnxg,

Welcome to the Outdoor / Adventure travel forum.

Some years ago, we booked our tour directly from a travel agent in Alice Springs and joined up with 5-6 others for a 3 night trip to Uluru and the surrounding area. Tours were leaving every day from Alice Springs I believe. So, I'm quite confident that you can make your arrangements locally after you arrive.

What I'd suggest is to spend some time researching this on the Alice Springs forum here on Tripadvisor. I'm sure similar questions will have been asked in the past. You can find them by simply typing in questions directly into the Search Box at the top of the forum page. If you don't find what you are looking for, just ask this question directly on the Alice Springs forum and see what the experts there suggest.

Here is the forum link if helpful.

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g255063-i1435-Alic…

Hope you find the information you are looking for and enjoy Oz.

2. Re: Alice Springs to Uluru

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, July 31, 2014