We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mount Everest Base Camp Hike

Johannesburg
Mount Everest Base Camp Hike

I wish to trek to Mount Everest Base Camp on a future planned visit to Kathmandu, Nepal. How would I go about finding a reputable guide/porter at Kathmandu to assist me with the trek? Is there, perhaps, a reputable institution there that would be able to assist?

Has anyone done this before, namely not used a travel agency to trek to Base Camp? What was your experience like?

Thank you!

1. Re: Mount Everest Base Camp Hike

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 5:07 am, July 26, 2013
West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto, TripAdvisor Support
reviews: 69
2. Re: Mount Everest Base Camp Hike

Hi Jaslyn;

NEVER post your email address, or other private information, on the internet. I would STRONGLY suggest that you delete your own post immediately ! Posting your email address on the internet can dramatically increase the amount of spam you receive.

You can delete your own post(s) by clicking on the "Report inappropriate content" button within the post your wish to delete, and then select "Remove my post" from the pull down menu.

Best Regards

Puchong, Malaysia
reviews: 4
3. Re: Mount Everest Base Camp Hike

Thank you for highlighting

Wales
reviews: 15
4. Re: Mount Everest Base Camp Hike

There are many many many people in Kathmandu who will arrange for your flight to Lukla, National park permit and provide a guide. we met a guy who was going without porter or guide but he had done it before. For the first time I'd use a guide and porter and although prices is always important, do be aware of the provisions made for guide/porter. We would not use anyone who was not fully equipped and looked after. Namaste.

Johannesburg
5. Re: Mount Everest Base Camp Hike

Thank you very much for your reply. Are you able to personally reccommend anyone?

Wales
6. Re: Mount Everest Base Camp Hike

Hi, we used a local agent but booked before we went, the gentleman's name was Babu, I shall see if I can remember the trading name of his company. It was far more reasonable than the big tour operators for sure but still very good service. I will get back to you ASAP.

Wales
7. Re: Mount Everest Base Camp Hike

Here we go.....

nepaltrekkinginfo.com/nepal/trekking/everest…

It is a wonderful trip, enjoy :)

Johannesburg
8. Re: Mount Everest Base Camp Hike

Thank you very much!

9. Re: Mount Everest Base Camp Hike

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:48 pm, August 05, 2013
10. Re: Mount Everest Base Camp Hike

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, August 05, 2014