We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Intrepid Travel? Good to travle with or not?

Toronto, Canada
Intrepid Travel? Good to travle with or not?

Looking to take a group trip for the first tie and wondering if Intrepid is a good company to travel with?

6 replies to this topic
Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Macau, Holiday Travel, World Cup
reviews: 3,066
1. Re: Intrepid Travel? Good to travle with or not?

Hello MCubed2013,

Welcome to the Outdoor / Adventure Travel forum on Tripadvisor.

Intrepid Travel is a small group / overland tour company that has been around for quite some time. They have also been referenced and discussed on various Tripadvisor forums countless times as well.

You can find past posts and discussions by simply typing 'Intrepid Travel' into the search box at the top of any Tripadvisor forum page, like this one. I would search the entire website instead of specific forums in order to increase your search 'find' results. Here is what I found by searching for them on the TA Homepage.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Search?q=intrepid+travel&sub-search=SEARCH&geo=1&pid=3826&returnTo=__2F__

Have a look if interested and hope you find the information that you are looking for.

Chichester UK
reviews: 16
2. Re: Intrepid Travel? Good to travle with or not?

We have travelled with intrepid twice in India we had a great trip doing many things we would not have been able to do if we hd travelled independently. The accommodation was generally ok to poor but the trip content made up for this. Nepal ws a different story - No wow factor and worse accommodation ad transport that often looked dangerous. We actually made alternative arrangements for travel bck to kathmandu and booked 2 alternativehotels at our own expense as those we were expected to use somethings got so bad. So no I would not recommend

Perth, Australia
reviews: 10
3. Re: Intrepid Travel? Good to travle with or not?

I traveled with them through Vietnam and couldn't fault. Fantastic guide, transport & accommodation.

Hanoi
4. Re: Intrepid Travel? Good to travle with or not?

Great adventure company. Well organize trip and service arrangement, wide choices of activities and destination. I think you will be in good hands travelling with Intrepid.

Saskatchewan, Canada
Destination Expert
for Pakistan
reviews: 6
5. Re: Intrepid Travel? Good to travle with or not?

I been working with Intrepid and no doubt they sell our country (Pakistan) and provided excellent services. But my wife she is Canadian she like GAP adventure and she traveled with this company a lot.

She were been traveling to my country as well but this time she traveled with a local company Active Tours Pakistan www.visitatp.com (of course it is one of leading adventure & cultural company in Pakistan.

Therefore from her comments, my suggestion are, you can with a local company with some of your friends that where you want to travel. I found this source very cheap and excellent service provider.

HT

6. Re: Intrepid Travel? Good to travle with or not?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline with regards to harassment of another user. We will remove messages that include personal attacks or hostility directed at an individual user or group of users, threatening language or attempts to force a user to discontinue participation on our forums.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:51 am, February 13, 2014

Reply to: Intrepid Travel? Good to travle with or not?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted