We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Explore.co.uk - Any recent experiences of them?

Cambridge
reviews: 39
Explore.co.uk - Any recent experiences of them?

Hi, I was just about to book a safari with Explore.co.uk to Botswana, Namibia and Zambia which looks like an excellent trip at a reasonable price. However, I have just read a couple of reviews elsewhere which says 'Explore' have gone downhill over the last few years.

Does anyone have any experience of them in the last year and if so, how was your trip, your guide and your general experience from beginning to end?

Pink Floyd, Cambridge

3 replies to this topic
Amsterdam, Holland
Destination Expert
for Bhutan
reviews: 120
1. Re: Explore.co.uk - Any recent experiences of them?

Hello,

I was on a few trips with them,. the last two to India, and am booked for Canada this summer. I like the concept of a framework, without it beeing too tight and giving some time to be alone in the destinations. But the tourleader always had a plan for those who wanted more.

I don't know how they were before, but I like them as they're now.

Have a great trip.

Holmfirth, United...
2. Re: Explore.co.uk - Any recent experiences of them?

Explore are rubbish so far as they have done nothing for me in the last 4 days other than loose my bag

London, United...
reviews: 7
3. Re: Explore.co.uk - Any recent experiences of them?

A Passage to India with Explore.co.uk

South India Explorer trip was great for the content. I did not feel comfortable paying extra £275 (70% overcharge for a single room supplement). After a lengthy argument I got a cheque back for £35 with strong message that "they have to earn their profit".

AITO.com claimed that if they say so they are right. Heavy profit on group bookings for flights. Same on group hotel discounts.

Backpacking in India is still very cheap unless explore.co.uk gets away with their UK prices at 70% extra charged to the client.

mail@metquest.com

Reply to: Explore.co.uk - Any recent experiences of them?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted