We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Intrepid Travel experiences - east coast USA

Brisbane, Australia
reviews: 29
Intrepid Travel experiences - east coast USA

We're considering taking a trip with Intrepid - 15 day American Pioneer tour but are experiencing difficulties in getting details about the accommodation used. This trip uses a hotel, 8 hostels and 5 cabins but the reviews on the initial kick off hostel in Tripadvisor are terrible and I'm concerned this may be the standard throughout. They state we are able to get a private room in the hostels and wondering if this is true.

Has anyone any experience with this tour in particular or Intrepid in general?

We are in our mid fifties and looking for a clean standard of accommodation and don't mind mixing with younger travellers as long as we get some space and alone time.

Any help appreciated.

4 replies to this topic
Mandurah
1. Re: Intrepid Travel experiences - east coast USA

Hi

i am travelling alone to the US in April this year and was contemplating an intrepid travel trip through the west coast , so wandered if you had any feed back for me.

thanks

Yvonne

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Macau, Holiday Travel
reviews: 2,583
2. Re: Intrepid Travel experiences - east coast USA

Hello Yvonne L

Another thing you can try is to do a basic search on the main Tripadvisor homepage. You'll find many past references to Intrepid, although most seem to be for Africa, South America and Asia. However, if you do this, you may find other past discussions and TA members that have used them for the North America tours.

You can also try to contact these TA members directly using the TA messaging functionality as well.

Good luck with your research and hope you find what you are looking for.

Chichester UK
reviews: 16
3. Re: Intrepid Travel experiences - east coast USA

I have travelled with intrepid twice - the accommodation s generally poor we had a good trip in India which made up for the ropy hotels so we decided to use them agiain but our 'recent trip in Nepal was not good the accommodation was so bad that we went and stayed elsewhere at our own expense so I would not recommend them

Brisbane, Australia
reviews: 29
4. Re: Intrepid Travel experiences - east coast USA

Thanks for your response, we have postponed and will be taking a cruise from Rome next year instead.

Reply to: Intrepid Travel experiences - east coast USA
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions