We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sailing holidays dotcom

Jervis Bay...
reviews: 53
sailing holidays dotcom

We are about to book a trip with sailing holidays. Has anyone been on one of these flotilla cruises in the Ionian Islands or can someone please direct me to a link on this trip advisor site where people have left reviews for sailing holidays.com specifically?

Thank you.

42 replies to this topic
Bristol, United...
reviews: 20
21. Re: sailing holidays dotcom

We also had Dan, Kerrie and Tim leading our flotilla in September and we thought they were fab too. And we've also stayed at the Kalokeri apartments and endorse the above comments, in particular with regard to the Panorama restaurant across the road where half the entertainment is the owner and chef (in his 80's) trying to explain what is on offer that day - which often bears absolutely no relation to what is printed on the menu. Fantastic. Love it.. Can't wait to go sailing with Sailing Holidays again in September.

staffs
reviews: 3
22. Re: sailing holidays dotcom

Hi we went on our first sailing holiday in June this year our crew larnie jamie and the amazing david made our holiday as well as all the lovely people and places we stayed so wonderful,it was such a laid back holiday,the boat we had was basic small but fine for us,will go again next year

reviews: 1
23. Re: sailing holidays dotcom

We have just come back from 7 days sailing with Sailing holidays. We had an excellent time. the yachts were very clean tidy and serviceable however the trip was made special by the team. The skipper engineer and hostess were brilliant and really helped us as novices comfortable and safe. Nothing was too much trouble for them. We all loved the holiday and the company as a whole were the best tour operator we have dealt with. It goes to show there are small independent companies out there that still care. Well done sailing holidays

Ripon, United...
24. Re: sailing holidays dotcom

been with this firm 4 years excellent time every time,started as novice ended up like captain cook just book it was fantastic if in any doubt email me @ j19crc@aol.com

Norfolk
reviews: 68
25. Re: sailing holidays dotcom

We did the last week in September 2012 sailing the Southern Ionian Islands, followed by the first week in October at the Kalokeri Apartments.

What was nice with the week sailing was we sailed a completely different route from last year.

There were good clean yachts, a great lead crew (Ian Stef and Nudge) and the company in the evenings was excellent.

There were beginners and there were some very experienced sailors all in all a great mix. I would recommend the company and the area to sail.

Wilmslow
reviews: 88
26. Re: sailing holidays dotcom

Hi, we have been on two holidays with this company and although we had a great time, the boats are in poor condition and extremely unreliable. My husband is the sailor and was horrified at how dangerous the boat was in 2012. The winch jammed constantly and the lead crew were aware of the problem but were told it couldnt be repaired until end of season. Also, the ignition fell apart and we had to hotwire our boat. We ordered a huge genoa which did not come in a sock but in a bag which made it really difficult to attach in any wind. Fortunately my husband is an experienced sailor but if anyone without experience had taken this boat, it could have been disastrous, particulary considering the storms we had at the beginning of September. All in all we were disappointed considering the price we had paid and our friends went with Sunsail where the boats were in much better condition and we have heard that sailionian.com and nautilusyachting.com are reputable with great, reliable boats. Good luck

Scotland
reviews: 13
27. Re: sailing holidays dotcom

We did the 2 week shore to sail 3 years ago staying at the Kalokeri apartments too and eating at the now infamous Panorama restaurant and can't recommend this company highly enough. We had an amazing time made all the better by the lead crew as well as all the other boats in the flotilla.

Definitely just book it, I'll be very surprised if you regret it

Wilmslow
reviews: 88
28. Re: sailing holidays dotcom

We had two great holidays with this company in both 1996 and 2007 but unfortunately in 2012 we were disappointed. Our boat was in a dangerous condition due to a jamming sail which could not be fixed, along with several other issues including exploding toilets. In addition to this, the hostie was extremely unfriendly to my daughters since they were 18 and 20 and very attractive. She threatened to attack my youngest daughter if she spoke to her boyfriend (the skipper). I do not agree with the company allowing couples to be part of the same lead crew since this caused no end of problems. The amount of alcohol that the crew regularly consumed also left us with little faith in them since this made matters far worse. Having said that, we did meet other lead crews who were friendly and very professional so I think that we were just unfortunate on this occasion. We have been recommended to use sailionian.com for the future. Sorry I cannot be more positive but unforunately our last holiday with this company left a bitter taste.

Southampton, United...
reviews: 17
29. Re: sailing holidays dotcom

Hi AussieAstroGirl (great tag!),

I was wondering if you had any feedback on your flotilla holiday with salingholidays.com way back in the mists of time?

Reason for asking is that we are considering going for a week with them. I can sail a dingy and hardly ever capsize it anymore ;-) but we have been eying up a sailing holiday for a while now. We have been in touch with sailingholidays.com about their Ionian route 1 in late September and it looks very reasonable. I was a little worried by some negative comments on www.reviewcentre.com/reviews206833.html

So long and short - wife has been out in a dingy and knows the basics, I'm OK on dingy sailing, the holiday is touted as great for beginners and we dont want to share a boat with strangers so what they offer fits the bill.

How did you find them, were the boats OK, were there any problems, what time of year did you go and was it an experience you would recommend to trainee sailors!

Many thanks

Bob Pitman

Sydney, Australia
reviews: 1
30. Re: sailing holidays dotcom

Hi

Have just completed a weeks flotilla sailing out of Split, Croatia with Seafarer UK - it was a fantastic experience & our flotilla leaders where very experienced & helpful. Boat was good.

Has anyone any experience with this type of holiday out of the British Virgin Islands?

Thanks in advance Brett

Reply to: sailing holidays dotcom
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted