We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Selling a timeshare

derby
Selling a timeshare

I inherited a time share and unfortunately I can't even give it away. Have just paid this years increased m.fee of £500 for one week. My late parents bought it 25 years ago along with 4 others at different resorts. Whilst the kids were little we had some good hols there. But eventually kids outgrew it. Fortunately my dad sold 2 before he died. They were then left to me and my mum. The one remaining week came to me after mums death. Last year I played dumb over paying m.fees until I got a final demand from debt co. had no choice but to pay it along with fee to McDonald's of £100 (their admin fee) so £600 down the drain. We couldn't use it, so got nothing. A friend mentioned dialanexchange who are excellent. As my week is a red one I get two exchanges a year for £40 pa. just swapped it last week for a week in Lanzarote.

I do apologise for rambling, but there's not a lot I can do. When I said I can't even give it away, its because for £500 a year you could get a package hol.

This 'perpetuity' excuse means until I die, they will take it back as there's only my name on the deeds, it won't go to my husband.

Really only started this thread to warn people not to get caught up with debt collectors and to ignore people who say don't pay m.fees. You could end up with huge legal costs and a v.poor credit rating, not to mention sending bailiffs round to seize your assets and goods to the value of the debt. theyve got you and they know it.

Two hols booked for next year already with dialanexchange. All done online, you select where you want, from a huge list of countries. They email you within an hour, print of confirmation and they will hold it for two working days, then if you need to check annual leave you've still got it on hold.

Is anyone else trying to sell but can't?

4 replies to this topic
Staten Island, New...
reviews: 8
1. Re: Selling a timeshare

http://www.tug2.net/

2. Re: Selling a timeshare

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 11:06 am, October 09, 2013

3. Re: Selling a timeshare

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:30 pm, October 08, 2013

derby
4. Re: Selling a timeshare

Like I said, I can't even give it away. But now I can get two holidays a year I will just hang onto it. However tempting it might be to refuse to pay your m.fees, you won't win and could loose a great deal.

Reply to: Selling a timeshare
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted