We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Saverexpress

Grand Junction...
Saverexpress

Hi,

Just purchased travel membership and would like to hear any feedback on this service, we can still request refund and as I am reading reviews, I am getting more and more nervous. Would like to hear both good and bad. Thanks

24 replies to this topic
Laneville, TX
1. Re: Saverexpress

Hello, We also were at a presentation yesterday in Tyler, Texas and bought the Gold Package [30 years]. I have been doing as much research as I can, but can find very little information. I got a call this morning from Denise, the Welcome Call, which was promised and asked her to quote me for a cruise which we already have booked with Princess so I know the exact price. She is supposedly calling back on Monday as it seems the travel agents only work Monday through Friday - although she says when you have access to the web site you can book directly yourself. I will wait until I hear what the price is on Monday. If you bought on Friday August 2nd, you have three days from this Monday to cancel according to Denise. I hope this is legit because we travel a lot and it would be very useful.

Grand Junction...
2. Re: Saverexpress

Hi,

Thanks for your response. I have been trying to work with them on a simple 3 night hotel stay and although the first response was timely. They have not gotten back to me now in 3 days. I am starting to get a bad feeling and think we are going to rescind. Thanks!

reviews: 1
3. Re: Saverexpress

I put down a deposit and waited 30 days for the balance of 3400.00. I also had a welcome phone call. Started looking online at the BBB and their site in Florida (only one that comes up on google) shows they are not accredit. This is causing some concern since that was touted over and over about only 6 complaints settled. I will continue to dig as well. Hopefully I will only be out the 1000.00 if scammed. More reviews fr anyone else is welcomed.

Punta Cana...
4. Re: Saverexpress

Hi, I just wanted to post a reply here to address the accredited part of your message. The BBB is a business, they make money like any other business, and to raise those funds they offer any company accreditation, but it in not necessary to do so. In fact, the best way to look at it is this; if you want a better rating, wouldn't it make more sense to pay the BBB their annual fee to boost your rankings? The companies that don't pay, and still have an A or better rating are the companies you want to do business with. The rating any company has on the BBB is the important part. The fact that Saver Express has an A+ rating, with minimal complaints, and all resolved should give you all the confidence to work with them. Look up Disney on the BBB, one of the most loved companies in the world....137 complaints, all closed, A+ rated, and NOT accredited.

Punta Cana...
5. Re: Saverexpress

Hi, I just wanted to post a reply here to address the accredited part of your message. The BBB is a business, they make money like any other business, and to raise those funds they offer any company accreditation, but it in not necessary to do so. In fact, the best way to look at it is this; if you want a better rating, wouldn't it make more sense to pay the BBB their annual fee to boost your rankings? The companies that don't pay, and still have an A or better rating are the companies you want to do business with. The rating any company has on the BBB is the important part. The fact that Saver Express has an A+ rating, with minimal complaints, and all resolved should give you all the confidence to work with them. Look up Disney on the BBB, one of the most loved companies in the world....137 complaints, all closed, A+ rated, and NOT accredited.

6. Re: Saverexpress

I was able to gather that bit of information. More info I came up with is that the sales group, colossal marketing, said that savers express will save you an average of 53% from "all dot com" companies. After comparing cost to NYC from Dallas for a weeks stay, they were actually higher in 4 different inquiries. When I asked why, all they could say is that they are cheaper. I quoted the prices I got for the exact hotels and flights with my search using Expedia and Travelocity. The same response, we are cheaper. I asked the guy if he understood English because I'm looking at their PDF quote and my web search yielded cheaper prices. I have since cancelled the service using savers express because once I told them I would be turning this over to our Attorney Generals office as a complaint, the guy just kept saying "I don't understand the problem". I said your sales marketing team lied. Is that simple enough?

Boston...
reviews: 13
7. Re: Saverexpress

They said that if you found a trip cheaper than theirs, your trip would be free! you just had to produce proof that your trip was cheaper and it was the same exact trip.

Boston...
reviews: 13
8. Re: Saverexpress

Well now I understand what Bsummer was talking about. We called last night and the person we talked with did not understand English! My husband was say the ticket # which started with FFT and the person couldn't understand him, so he said Frank, Frank, Tom and still didn't get it. So now today the person who got my request to price a vacation on Monday tells me the price has gone up (duh!! That's what happens when you don't get back to people in a timely manner!) This place is a SHAM! I am canceling my membership! That's how they get their money the don't refund $400.00 of the money you spent. (expensive lesson learned)

Bethlehem...
9. Re: Saverexpress

Since you asked for feedback...

Beware of SaverExpress!!! Also, beware of the unscrupulous "businesses" that sell their service!!!

A few months ago, I attended a presentation at one of these businesses ("International Travel Centers", also known as "ITC"). They made very compelling statements about "the club" (as they called it) so I signed up, paying a substantial amount of money. Within a few days, I received login information for the SaverExpress website and then proceeded to request itineraries for multiple vacations. It took almost three weeks to get responses to my requests. To my dismay, the promised savings on flights, hotels, car rentals, and cruises were non-existent; with minimal effort, I was able to match and even substantially beat what the club offered in price and availability. It was obvious that the statements made to me about SaverExpress were fraudulent and that the promoted benefits were deceptive.

When I attempted to obtain a refund from ITC, I was directed to SaverExpress--whose representatives, including Doug Grozelle, Keith Thomson, and others, while cordial, acknowledged that at least some of the claims about the club were untrue. Keith offered me, as a concession, a free vacation at a resort; further research, however, revealed that the “free” vacation would easily cost me another few thousand dollars. I opened a dispute with my credit card provider; they investigated the matter but informed me that since I had signed a contract there was nothing they could do to help. I appealed to SaverExpress but they informed me that they couldn't help, either. Soon after that (presumably because of the dispute I opened and of the "discussions" that ensued between ITC and SaverExpress) SaverExpress informed me that they had revoked my membership; I can no longer even log on to their site. In addition, they are no longer responding to any of my inquiries. How's that for customer service?

Sadly, from talking with a consumer protection columnist yesterday, I learned of others who have had similar experiences with ITC and SaverExpress.

Ignoring the poor experiences I had with SaverExpress, one could argue that the fraudulent statements about the benefits of SaverExpress were not made by SaverExpress but by the businesses that sell their service; however, SaverExpress is 'guilty by association' by choosing to (and continuing to) let these businesses sell their service. Therefore, I’m warning as many people as possible--via travel/vacation message forums, Facebook, Twitter, etc.--about SaverExpress and the companies that sell their service. My hope is that anyone who searches for these companies will be spared the loss of their money and the loss of many hours of grief trying to get their money back.

If you've already purchased a SaverExpress membership and you're still within the evaluation period, get a refund while you still can! If you're unfortunate enough to be beyond the evaluation period, contact me privately so that I can add your name to the growing list of disgruntled customers I'm compiling for report to the Attorney General and to the Better Business Bureau.

new jersey
10. Re: Saverexpress

I recently attended a presentation in Bartonsville,PA and did not purchase their plan. however, I did receive a voucher that entitled me to a "free cruise for two with airfare". for attending the 90 minute presentation. the voucher directed me to a website, choiceselection,inc.com, and I found that I need to pay $70 for redempion fee just to make the reservation prior to ,my even chosing which cruise line or itinery. HAS ANYONE TAKEN ADVANTAGE OF THIS VOUCHER? is it a scam?

Edited: 1:37 pm, October 15, 2013
Reply to: Saverexpress
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions