We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How do I get out of APVC time share.

Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 6
How do I get out of APVC time share.

Hello. Don't get me wrong, the properties are fine, but the product is a complete ripoff! You can't book what you want and the annual fee is higher than the rate at which you can book the same properties on line at the same time.

I want out. I was told by their sales person that if I wanted out they could "put your membership back out on the floor and sell it!" This turns out to be a complete lie. I just want out. I told them this. They go to their own appeal process and say no.

How can I get out?

38 replies to this topic
PA
reviews: 13
1. Re: How do I get out of APVC time share.

ALTHOUGH I HAVE NOT DONE THIS it appears that people who have, simply stop paying the yearly maintainence fee. This results in a lot of posturing and threats from the timeshare co. eventually they give up and reclaim your unit. May leave a credit stain for a while(?don't know how long) but it appears to be not too bad---there are other threads on this under various headings----check back a few months esp under. sell my timeshare and the like

2. Re: How do I get out of APVC time share.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 7:05 pm, May 16, 2013

3. Re: How do I get out of APVC time share.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:48 am, August 29, 2013

Bozeman, Montana
4. Re: How do I get out of APVC time share.

I'm not sure I would risk my credit rating as the first poster suggested. You can try selling or giving away your timeshare on a site like Tug or Redweek. As soon as you list it beware of scams though, con artists will call claiming they have a buyer and you just need to make a deposit with them to secure the transaction, this is a lie, they just want you money and you won't hear from them again. If that doesn't work there are companies that will liquidate your timeshare for a fee. You can also try donating the ownership to charity, if your week has lost a lot of value you may have to cover some of the costs associated with donation, but that should be tax deductible so it might be a better deal than paying to liquidate. Good Luck.

Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 2
5. Re: How do I get out of APVC time share.

Are you still looking at getting out of this?? I too agree with you, I have been sold this scam and am trying to get out of this myself. You need to transfer it, sell it, gift it or will it. They are not accountable at what happens after they sell you this 'so called Dream'. I dont know how this company sleeps at night and are still in business!

Stafford, United...
reviews: 1
6. Re: How do I get out of APVC time share.

We did not pay maintenance on our timeshare for 2 yrs. we had a letter stating we could not use it until debt was cleared then we had a letter to say they had sold the debt to a recovery company.We eventually had a letter from Intrium Justica asking for the debt to be cleared. We took advice but unfortunately there was nothing else we could do but pay up..... the company would have taken us to county court, eventually, and there would have been more charges added by then.

There is no way out!!!!

I agree with one of the replies...its a rip off!!!

Port Macquarie...
reviews: 87
7. Re: How do I get out of APVC time share.

Try Redseason.

They have 2nd hand memberships in APVC and may buy it from you.

Brisbane
reviews: 14
8. Re: How do I get out of APVC time share.

Go to facebook lots of unhappy campers https:/…

NZ
reviews: 2
9. Re: How do I get out of APVC time share.

I have one too and Im trying to get out of it also! It costs way to much per month and we have had our membership for 5 years now and still have not used it as when we try to book anything, we cant. Its a complete rip off - wish I could turn back the clock and not sign on that dotted line :(

Edited: 4:23 am, June 04, 2014
Brisbane, Australia
reviews: 5
10. Re: How do I get out of APVC time share.

I am currently working on getting out of the contract. We were mislead, lied to and it is in the hands of the credit hombudsman now. 6 months so far, waiting for hopefully a positive result.

Reply to: How do I get out of APVC time share.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted