We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Timeshare Con Club Salina Wharf

Ballyclare, United...
reviews: 64
Timeshare Con Club Salina Wharf

We bought a resale holiday membership at this hotel in October 2011. We were promised paperwork and 2 years RCI Membership. We paid £3200. We were told that we could get our money back WHENEVER we wanted without any problem at all. We were wary but Dave Taylor kept assuring us that we could sell our membership whenever we wanted and the money would be returned to us within 6 weeks.

By December 2011 we had no paperwork and the emails I had sent were going un answered, this started alarm bells ringing. We were dealing with Neill Holt and he assured us that he would personally sort it all out in the New Year. We told him that we wanted to sell our membership due to the fact that we had not received any of the promised documents etc.

We are still waiting on documents.

I went to the financial ombudsman and filed a claim under section 75 as we paid for the membership with credit card.

APPARENTLY, this claim is only viable if the company who take the money are the same company we buy the goods/services from - i e club salina wharf

The name on the credit card slip is First National not Club Salina Wharf - this means we havent a leg to stand on.

Basically we have been conned - they knew we were wary, they knew my partner was awaiting surgery, they knew that we were putting everything we had into this

They took our money and we have nothing to show for it

Syracuse, New York
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, West Bay, Syracuse
reviews: 58
1. Re: Timeshare Con Club Salina Wharf

Salesmen will often say whatever they need to in order to make a sale. I wouldn't have parted with any money until I had some sort of paperwork to prove it.

Were you aware of the common issues with holiday membership before you got the sales pitch, or was the idea new to you?

Can you lodge a claim with your credit card company to get the transaction cancelled (if it was 18 months ago I am betting you can't anymore...)

I am really sorry you had that experience - these folks are really savvy and catch innocent folks like you regularly.

Ballyclare, United...
reviews: 64
2. Re: Timeshare Con Club Salina Wharf

Hi and thanks for your comments

We got tempary cetificate of ownership but we were told that the official certificate of ownership would be with us shortly as would our RCI membership which we got for the remainder of 2011 and then 2 full years membership after that.....we have nothing.

We cant claim from the credit card as the name of the credit card receipt is not the name of the company we made the deal with i.e. Club Salina Wharf.

3. Re: Timeshare Con Club Salina Wharf

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, April 07, 2014