We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paris apartment rentals

San Francisco...
Paris apartment rentals

Has anyone used the website www.clickappart.com to find an apartment to rent in Paris? If so, were you happy with your experience?

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
reviews: 5
1. Re: Paris apartment rentals

Justine,

I have not heard of that agency. We have rented an apartment in Paris through an agency. There are so many agencies I actually have forgotten the name of the one we used. I simply googled "vacation apartments in Paris" and then looked through each agency's offerings, and the terms.

I currently occasionally receive email ads from one of these and I do not remember if it was the one I used. The name is "Haven in Paris", and it is a recognized agency. You might look into it. They have good properties. I ended up choosing one who had the best offering in the area in the city we wanted to be.

We are "seniors" and have traveled extensively. We prefer apartments or condos if we are going to be in a city or area for at least 4 days. We have rented apartments, besides Paris, in Florence, Barcelona, Cambridge (England), Arequipa and Lima (Peru), Sydney, Lisbon, Maui, Kauai and the Big Island (Hawaii), Costa Rica, Buenos Aires, Vancouver and Whistler (Canada).

You may know all this, but just in case you are new to vacation rentals.....As to terms, I would not pay in advance in cash or bank transfer, for example. We only use credit cards or Pay Pal. If they don't accept we don't deal. And look closely at their policies on damage deposit and cleaning fees. If you look at several you can get a sense of how professional they are. I had heard rumors that Paris was considering instituting a rule, as they have done in New York City, that vacation rentals are not legal for less than 30 days, but I have heard no more on this. I prefer not to use VRBO or airbnb and the like as I want a good management company there to deal with any problems and I am willing to pay a little extra for this.

Good luck.

Cincinnati, Ohio
reviews: 7
2. Re: Paris apartment rentals

I have also rented all over and recently returned from a trip to Paris where I rented through Homeaway. It was great. contact me directly if you are interested. It was pretty much a studio for two people.

San Francisco...
3. Re: Paris apartment rentals

Thank you so much for the insights. I will note Haven in Paris for the future. I did rent through clickappart and so far the experience has been good. They only accept credit cards and their fees are all inclusive.

Oregon
reviews: 2
4. Re: Paris apartment rentals

We are planning to rent an apartment in Paris for about 9 days in September. Some agencies seem to be located in the US and some in Paris. Is it better one way or the other?

5. Re: Paris apartment rentals

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, April 16, 2014
Get answers to your questions