We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Timeshare proposal to buy

Binghamton, New York
reviews: 4
Timeshare proposal to buy

Has anyone delt with or received a call from Northwest Realty International based in Tacoma Washington with a offer to buy their Krystal timeshare in Cancun? We were contacted and received a proposal to buy our's for a specified amount. No upfront money or any mention of wanting any money from us at all. They are claiming that they actually have a buyer willing to pay the amount specified. All we did at this point was signed the proposal (not a contract) agreeing to the sale price. Waiting to see what happens next. Can't find anything on the internet, went to their web site. Looks like they are a realty/property management company. Does anyone know if Krystal is "maybe" buying back their timeshares? Heard they were bought out. Maybe they hired this company to buy back their units. Does anyone have any input?

65 replies to this topic
Wellington, New...
Destination Expert
for Wellington, Bay of Islands
reviews: 105
31. Re: Timeshare proposal to buy

Why on earth would one pay money up front for part of a transfer of a timeshare unit when all monies due for payment associated with said transfer could be taken from the sale price and the balance remitted to the seller after all deduction have been accounted for. How gullible does one have to be to see the stupidity of such actions?

Delray Beach...
32. Re: Timeshare proposal to buy

Thank you my Mom has one as well and has had calls from Mr Sosa. My Dad is not well and this would have been a god send for funds lost a long time ago. I want to thank you for all your time and listing emails it allowed me to read, learn and help her to stay away. If would have been tough for the two of them to loose more being in the eighties and struggling further for lost funds.I feel blessed that there are still people as yourself and others to rely on best of health sc

Salt Lake City...
33. Re: Timeshare proposal to buy

Receive any info? We received a similar proposal for property elsewhere?

Rochester
reviews: 1
34. Re: Timeshare proposal to buy

I have chosen not to pursue the sale and rental of my timeshares. They have called a couple of times but I told them my lawyer didn't recommend it and I am gun shy after having been burned before with one of these deals.

Renton, Washington
35. Re: Timeshare proposal to buy

I Recived a call from Robert Genn Northwest Realty International Tacoma Washington they offered to buy my mexico timeshare $38,000 I live in washington yesterday I went to the adress in Tacoma Guss what No ofice its a answering & mailbox service there webb site is made up Dont Donot deal or belive these scammers john barkley 425 235 4682

Renton, Washington
36. Re: Timeshare proposal to buy

Its a scam there is no office in tacoma its a answering and mail box service I went there yesterday the webb site is made up Donot deal or belive these scammers john barkley 425 235 4682

Renton, Washington
37. Re: Timeshare proposal to buy

I went to the Tacoma office yesterday there is no office its a answering & mail box service They are trying to scam all of us Robert Glenn offered $38000 for my mexico timeshare Northwest realty webb site and company is a scam Donot belive or deal with them John Barkley 425 235 4682 if you want more info

Pittsburgh, PA
38. Re: Timeshare proposal to buy

I'd be very careful; got the same proposal from another company shortly after being scammed by another entity saying it had a buyer for my weeks in Puerto Vallarta.

Provo, Utah
39. Re: Timeshare proposal to buy

If you are asking for a wire transfer, you should open another account and close it once the money is there, then you don't have to worry that they have your bank information. That is what we are doing. | noticed that it says they are not listed with the Better Business bureau, but we checked the BBB and they rated them A+.

schaumburg, il
reviews: 4
40. Re: Timeshare proposal to buy

I just received a call from the same company wanting to buy my time share for $22,000. I figured this was a scam considering you cannot find any information at all online. Are there any legitimate companies out there that you can sell your timeshare through? ?

Reply to: Timeshare proposal to buy
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions