We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Karisma Prestige Travelers Loyalty Club

Idaho Falls, Idaho
reviews: 2
Karisma Prestige Travelers Loyalty Club

Just purchased 60 weeks with this Hotel. I would like to get some feedback from actual members that have used it. We have not gone yet and want to know what to really expect.

Help is Exotic and Prestige the same company?

61 replies to this topic
Corona, California
reviews: 77
11. Re: Karisma Prestige Travelers Loyalty Club

I am also an Exotic Travelers owner and have been since 2007. Not sure when they started sales under the name Prestige but we have been pleased with our purchase and have been staying at El Dorado resorts with our special membership rates that are much lower than any Karisma rate I can find anywhere else. Usually 30 to 50% less. We also deposit 2 weeks each year into RCI timeshare exchange company and have gotten really good exchanges for only $199 for the whole week for non AI. You should look up Exotic Travel Club - Karisma Resorts for lots more posts to read. It has not been a scam for us at all....and we purchased 98 weeks package from them. We used to own a traditional timeshare in California for 17 years and traded with Interval International back than. Exotic Travelers Club is working out much better for us and are getting a lot out of it without having to pay annual maintenance fees that you always have to pay with traditional timeshares for weeks and points system. We like owning weeks with Exotic and are happy with being members. Inform yourself more and call RCI ans speak to one of their agents. Have them explain to you how exchanging works. I think some people think this timeshare membership is a scam but it really is not. But maybe some people paid way more than we have. Not sure about that. We got a great deal but knew going on what we wanted to negotiate since we have owned a timeshare for a long time and know how timeshares work. Do your research, talk to the source and inform yourself. Don't just take the word of some people on blogs that don't know themselfs how the membership really works. And timeshares do not work for some people. We live in California and the rates we get at the El Dorado Resorts are the best we can find anywhere from here. Maybe it's different for people from UK. There are many happy members.

Rugeley, United...
12. Re: Karisma Prestige Travelers Loyalty Club

Please think very carefully before doing this, it isn't all it seems.

We joined last year at the Sensatori, looked really good at the time, this year we have come to the El Dorado Seaside Suites and have just been to a meeting where they have tried to persuade us to upgrade our Membership to Sapphire for another £2,000, we have already paid $12,000 dollars and all we have had for that is free internet access, 20% off Spa Treatments, Butler Service and pre-booked restaurant reservations, and an upgrade to a better suite( which we could have done through Thompsons anyway).

Feel totally ripped off, we haven't got £2,000 to just give away like that, we work hard to be able to afford to come on vacation. We will just have to put it down to bitter experience and cut our losses.

Just remember, you have been warned!,

Rugeley, United...
13. Re: Karisma Prestige Travelers Loyalty Club

Hi I have reason to believe that we have been ripped off bt Prestige Travel and am interested to know of the problems that you have encountered.

14. Re: Karisma Prestige Travelers Loyalty Club

What did you pay for 25 weeks?

15. Re: Karisma Prestige Travelers Loyalty Club

What did you pay for 25 weeks?

Corona, California
reviews: 77
16. Re: Karisma Prestige Travelers Loyalty Club

Yikes, $12,000 is a lot. We paid much less in 2007 but also have been asked if we wanted to upgrade for another $2,000 or $3,000 to jewel and we declined. We don't to upgrade to a Jewel membership. Maybe timeshare exchanges could work for you as well and make you feel like you are recouping your investment at least. There are lots of nice timeshares in Europe and around the world. Sorry to hear this.

Edited: 12:35 pm, October 04, 2013
Calgary, Canada
reviews: 3
17. Re: Karisma Prestige Travelers Loyalty Club

But how much did you save at the Seaside?

It's not for everyone but I just took 9 people in 3 rooms 11 nights at Sensatori and 3 nights at Beach hotel with and saved $10000 over local sellers vacation package. It's great for us Calgarians. Just upgraded to Emerald and I am in for about as much as you but I have 210 weeks and have already gotten my money back. Now with the fly back certificates I will save around $45000 going one week per year over the next 10 years. Always negotiate and never buy/upgrade during peak season. JMO

MIGUEL in Calgary

Kiddy
reviews: 4
18. Re: Karisma Prestige Travelers Loyalty Club

Just been offered a deal at sensatori Mexico £6k or around $9k for 50 weeks...50% discount on all prestige holidays (including dorado suites) £106 7 nights any where in uk, £116 any where In Europe, also $1k refund on all flights once per year. All holidays will be updated to the Prestige suits, I can even move into my suite today....

Confused as it does seem a cracking deal, but you know what people say about if it it is too good to be true..... Then it is not true......

What confused me even more after I said no, I was told no problem have a nice holiday.... No hard sell, no come back tomorrow no check our website.....

Any way any advise or comments appreciated....

Blackburn, United...
19. Re: Karisma Prestige Travelers Loyalty Club

We feel that we have just been taken in, as we were told that we could get the same holiday for 50 per cent less by being members of the Loyalty Club. However on looking at Thomsons online the same holiday for next year is less. On reading the contract it says that any ORAL offers must be written into the contract. So it looks like we have just lost a lot of money.

CT
reviews: 4
20. Re: Karisma Prestige Travelers Loyalty Club

When you join this, don't you get your room for "free" and only pay for the all inclusive?

Reply to: Karisma Prestige Travelers Loyalty Club
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions