We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Karisma Prestige Travelers Loyalty Club

Idaho Falls, Idaho
reviews: 2
Karisma Prestige Travelers Loyalty Club

Just purchased 60 weeks with this Hotel. I would like to get some feedback from actual members that have used it. We have not gone yet and want to know what to really expect.

Help is Exotic and Prestige the same company?

24 replies to this topic
Aspen, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Aspen
1. Re: Karisma Prestige Travelers Loyalty Club

Do a TA search and you'll find some feedback. Here's to get you started.

tripadvisor.com/…46157040

London, United...
2. Re: Karisma Prestige Travelers Loyalty Club

Please do not buy any membership to these "travel clubs" these are scam. I have been reading a number of reviews on this forum and it seems that you are going to get ripped off.

As a victim of this scam, I urge that you - do not buy any membership.

EXOTIC and PRESTIGE are one and the same with different names.

Plymouth, United...
3. Re: Karisma Prestige Travelers Loyalty Club

Raj K wish I had seen your email earlier, because I believe I have been caught out just like you. Have you taken any action or can any action be taken to seek recompense.

Dave H

London, United...
4. Re: Karisma Prestige Travelers Loyalty Club

I am sorry for not responding earlier, I was bit occupied. Ramesh (other person) informs me that he is now trying to negotiate with an IT company to produce a web page, which will come up with a warning about Prestige/Exotic as scam every time any one does a search for Thomson, Mexico, Ajul, Sansatory, etc.

It will also point out the other sites where people have issues with Interval International, etc.

I was thinking about all of us signing an email petition to send to Thomson and Mexican government indicating the fraud being operated.

Anyway, I have had no response from any one to my emails or letters.

I will let you know what happens with the web page.

Regards.

Granbury, Texas...
5. Re: Karisma Prestige Travelers Loyalty Club

I just purchased but am in my 5 day window. Please let me know what everyone means by "its a scam"? If I can use my weeks for the 130-230$ service charge each time, I am not sure I understand what the problem is? Is it impossible to book? They told me "no blackout dates" but I can't test it until my memberships are "good" and they said that takes 30 days or even 90 for some of them.

Armadale, United...
6. Re: Karisma Prestige Travelers Loyalty Club

Hi did you find out if it was worth it

We have just bought 25 weeks and are still at the resort any advice

7. Re: Karisma Prestige Travelers Loyalty Club

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 6:35 pm, June 05, 2013

US
reviews: 4
8. Re: Karisma Prestige Travelers Loyalty Club

I am an Exotic Member, and not a scam at all. Prestige the same thing. We just booked Maroma for $2056 on Karisma website same for $4802. We have gone 3 times now and totally worth it. PM me if need any info at all. Super gucci club and love it! Just got back from Azul Beach and Fives. Fabulous Butler room etc.

Horsham, United...
reviews: 1
9. Re: Karisma Prestige Travelers Loyalty Club

Hi there

I wondered if you could give me any information that would help me.

I have just bought 50 weeks of the Prestige Travelers club membership. ( perceived to be the sister club of Exotic). I'm still not sure how it all works. Is it just you get holidays for half the usual retail price, and how do you use the weeks you've bought. Also did you have trouble with availability and being upgraded as many other people have mentioned through Trip Adviser.

I've tried to contact Prestige myself with no luck. Any information you could give me would be very helpful.

Kind Regards

Chrissie

New York
reviews: 31
10. Re: Karisma Prestige Travelers Loyalty Club

The exotic travel club membership is great in my opinion if you plan on traveling. I purchased 110 weeks and the rates for not only ourselves but family/friend, etc. is amazing and significantly less than online websites. If you really plan on traveling and exploring the resorts you will get a good return on your investment fairly quickly. I recently took a big group down to El Dorado Royale and the total savings through a traditional company was almost $7k.

Reply to: Karisma Prestige Travelers Loyalty Club
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted