We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Global Trading based in Spain

Crewe, United...
Global Trading based in Spain

I put this into the wrong forum at first, my mistake I hope I have taken it out of there now. Has anybody had dealings with a company from Spain called Global Trading ref timeshare resale. I received from them a call just after my maintenance became due could not remember contacting them but had tried so many different resale companies I thought to myself I must have contacted them. Cutting a long story short I parted with £600 as they said a bond which would be returned after the buyer completed which they said they had for my points. Not thinking straight and a chance to be shut of these points I agreed to deal with them. I asked the question was this a scam or something like that and she said that if it was and paid on my credit card I would be able to get a refund from my credit card company.

After that part of the conversation I thought what have I got to lose if it is a scam it would just take a little while to get my money back. It sounded to could to be true and I know if it sounds like that then it is. I have tried to contact them with an email but they have not replied to me so my guess is I have been taken for a mug, so anybody out there that has any contact with this company and you did not ask them to contact you in my opinion leave well alone. On a side issue my maintenance became due on 1st Jan still no reminder from them would this be the norm.

Hope somebody could give me a heads up on that.

Many thanks for reading this post

5 replies to this topic
1. Re: Global Trading based in Spain

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:37 pm, February 16, 2013

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
reviews: 12
2. Re: Global Trading based in Spain

That timesale scam blog link above is an excellent example of the kind of scammers you should avoid- it's an ad for a law firm telling you they will assist you for a "retainer"- send it to them and you will never hear from them again...

Roxy and her cronies go all over the ninternet expressing sympathy for timeshare problems and posting their scam ad.

Crewe, United...
3. Re: Global Trading based in Spain

Thanks for the info, unfortunately or not the post had been removed so I never read it. I have decided that after all the money I have thrown away trying to dispose of this timeshare enough is enough. No more money to anybody up front. Just hope there is a genuine company out there that could help me but up to now they all seem the same.

Crewe, United...
4. Re: Global Trading based in Spain

Just to let people know, surprise surprise the buyer that this company had for me has pulled out of the deal due to getting divorced, so the sale has fallen through. Although if I was interested they could help me out if I was to invest with a company in New Zealand. When I asked for my money back they said I had entered into a contract with them for them to market my timeshare but as I said in an earlier post I could not remember getting in touch with them. So where they got the information about my Infinity points I do not know. They will not give me my money back. How Do I prove this has been a scam from day 1 to my credit card company. So people beware in my opinion do not have any dealings with this company. Also when I said it was illegal to ask for money up front from the seller she said in the UK it was but not in Spain I thought it was across the EU but could be wrong on this. So could be £640.00 worse of than I was 8 weeks ago when will I learn not to be so gullible and let my brain rule instead of my heart

5. Re: Global Trading based in Spain

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 12:05 pm, October 05, 2013

Reply to: Global Trading based in Spain
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted