We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Worldwide Leisure Direct Membership info?

Las Vegas, Nevada
Worldwide Leisure Direct Membership info?

A co-worker of mine mentioned a vacation membership service that he had recently used called Worldwide Leisure Direct.

He purchased a membership and booked a cruise for his family. He was truly excited about the discovery and has told me on a few occasions that the customer service was excellent and his trip saved him a bunch of money along the way.

I am just looking for a few more insights before making the call…if there is anyone else that is familiar with this company, please drop me a reply.

79 replies to this topic
Los Angeles...
reviews: 3
41. Re: Worldwide Leisure Direct Membership info?

I too, got scammed into purchasing the exit package for $3400. After much research (it took all day) I'm now sure this is a scam. Worldwide Leisure Direct- this so-called exclusive vacation membership- is just another way for them to make money off vacation clubs without selling a timeshare. The problem is, these vacation clubs are limited with very limited dates (one or two per year) and the properties are nowhere near what was shown. I fell for the nice 4-5 star luxury hotels in the big book they showed me, which I was told would be part of the vacation package- but I found out today that it is not. The vacation package only includes a membership ID, password and a CD-rom. Good thing I figured out early on. I hope to get my money back either by the credit card company or if a rep at Vida sales rescinds my contract. Will update. Either way Mayan Group, Vida Sales, Worldwide Leisure---these are all the same people, just different ways to lure people into their so-called luxury vacation deals.

42. Re: Worldwide Leisure Direct Membership info?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 9:43 am, July 27, 2013

43. Re: Worldwide Leisure Direct Membership info?

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 9:44 am, July 27, 2013

Los Angeles...
44. Re: Worldwide Leisure Direct Membership info?

I sent an email to rescind my contract- after 6 days with one Sunday- making it 5 business days. Someone at vida sales agreed to refund my money and will contact me within 72 hours. Will see what happens. If they honor the 5 day cancellation policy we won't have a problem but if this is another way for them to give me the run around I will not stop until they refund my money. I already contacted my credit card company to file a dispute. I'm just posting this on Trip advisor with hope that no one else falls for the same scheme.

SAY NO, NO, NO- WALK AWAY. Don't even visit the Grand Mayan because they will not let you leave. We are not stupid people and we STILL almost fell for it. What a shame. they almost ruined my entire vacation to Mexico.

45. Re: Worldwide Leisure Direct Membership info?

46. Re: Worldwide Leisure Direct Membership info?

Los Angeles...
47. Re: Worldwide Leisure Direct Membership info?

Apparently any contract in Mexico has a 5 day cooling off period by law. You have right to rescind the contract within 5 business days. melina@vidasales.com agreed to rescind our contract because we contacted her within the 5 days. we will see. Yes definitely file a dispute with your credit card company and get your money back. This vacation club seems good, but all the resorts are hellish timeshare/vacation clubs that will try to sell you more when you get there. I will never ever go through that again even with savings.

I got 20 advantage weeks, 20 quick weeks, cruise and weeks at mayan resort for about $3000. It never mattered though because once I logged onto advantageprogram.net quick weeks are unlimited anyway. They sold us something that is included anyway. Scammers. lies. They also showed me a big book of beautiful resorts all over the world that was a part of this program- and guess what, they don't exist. Thank God I found out soon enough to cancel or I will have to deal with this for months. I hope you get your money back from your cc company. I'm assuming if there are enough disputes, the CC companies will be aware of vidasales and mayan resort and mark them as fraudulent.

Good luck and pls keep me posted.

48. Re: Worldwide Leisure Direct Membership info?

Removed on: 11:05 am, July 28, 2013

49. Re: Worldwide Leisure Direct Membership info?

50. Re: Worldwide Leisure Direct Membership info?

Reply to: Worldwide Leisure Direct Membership info?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions