We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Worldwide Leisure Direct Membership info?

Las Vegas, Nevada
Worldwide Leisure Direct Membership info?

A co-worker of mine mentioned a vacation membership service that he had recently used called Worldwide Leisure Direct.

He purchased a membership and booked a cruise for his family. He was truly excited about the discovery and has told me on a few occasions that the customer service was excellent and his trip saved him a bunch of money along the way.

I am just looking for a few more insights before making the call…if there is anyone else that is familiar with this company, please drop me a reply.

79 replies to this topic
Nampa, Idaho
1. Re: Worldwide Leisure Direct Membership info?

Sounds like an interesting opportunity.

Post back with more details and happy travels.

London, United...
reviews: 97
2. Re: Worldwide Leisure Direct Membership info?

its a scam I bet save your money

Nampa, Idaho
3. Re: Worldwide Leisure Direct Membership info?

I saw your response so I dug in further. I called to inquire about more info or a packet they could send me. I spoke with Oliver and learned that they only deal with their private clients, but what info I did get says tells me they are legit. You need to be invited to join, and they offered to forward my name. I said no thanks because I already have some killer travel perks.

Chicago
reviews: 1
4. Re: Worldwide Leisure Direct Membership info?

How much did u hear this is going for? just got a pitch at Grand Mayan and it was not cheap...$6,000 plus rental of said unit every time u use.

Edited: 4:16 pm, November 24, 2012
NY
5. Re: Worldwide Leisure Direct Membership info?

Just received the same pitch yesterday at the same place and took the offer, however after thinking of questions that I should have asked at the presentations and researching further I decided to cancel the deal and immediately notified amex to halt the payment. There were a few things that just didn't make sense plus I could not find any info on Worldwide Leisure Direct plus they only have a PO box in Vegas. Now they very well may be legit but I am going to do more do diligence before I commit my funds to a program like this. If anyone out there has any additional info on WLD, please let me know!

Edited: 10:11 am, November 27, 2012
Las Vegas, Nevada
6. Re: Worldwide Leisure Direct Membership info?

Well, after speaking with a representative, I think I've made my decision. I compared prices and paid over $600 less than the other company I was looking in to. I’m now convinced that this is one of the better investments I’ve made. I am impressed with Worldwide Leisure Direct, they met my expectations and were very patient with me; not trying to pressure me into anything.

7. Re: Worldwide Leisure Direct Membership info?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 5:50 pm, December 10, 2012

lighthouse point
8. Re: Worldwide Leisure Direct Membership info?

was the credit card company successful with reversing the charge?

lighthouse point
9. Re: Worldwide Leisure Direct Membership info?

have you continued to have a good experience? Have you booked any resorts and been to them?

Riverside, CA
10. Re: Worldwide Leisure Direct Membership info?

I just bought the Exit Package from Worldwide Leisure Direct for $1500.00. It allows me to book 40 weeks within 10 years at any of their resorts in their system, at no additional cost. I was offered this deal, because I kept saying "No" to all of their other timeshare pitches. The first salesman wanted to sell me property for $60,000. The original claim was it was only going to be a 90 minute presentation. That turned into a 7 hour ordeal with four salesmen. I haven't tried their vacations yet, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I didn't get burned.

Edited: 1:55 am, December 25, 2012
Reply to: Worldwide Leisure Direct Membership info?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions