We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Timeshare Grief

Crewe, United...
Level Contributor
48 posts
Timeshare Grief

I am trying to dispose of my timeshare due to a change of family circumstances, does anyone have any good suggestions have tried with a few company's on the Internet but some are just out to Promis you everything but delivery nothing. Any tips would be welcome. Have just put it on the market with confused about timeshare and keeping our finger crossed

93 replies to this topic
Hants, UK
Level Contributor
2,614 posts
17 reviews
1. Re: Timeshare Grief

NEVER give anyone any money up front to sell your timeshare. Also never give any money along the way either.

aurora, co
Level Contributor
3,333 posts
2 reviews
2. Re: Timeshare Grief

Suggest you take a look at the website http//tug2.net. This is a timeshare owner group website. I don't endorse them but you should be able some advice on how to dispose of the timeshares.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
8,002 posts
30 reviews
3. Re: Timeshare Grief

Hopefully you own it free and clear Graham. If so, you may be able to find someone willing to accept it from you without any money changing hands. That said, you may have to pay the closing costs and/or a year's MF to entice someone to take it off your hands.

The recommendation to take a look at TUG is a good one . . . probably the best and most unbiased advice you'll get anywhere!

Crewe, United...
Level Contributor
48 posts
4. Re: Timeshare Grief

Thank you all for advice. I have just put it up for sale yesterday with confused with timeshare cost £199 which is for advertising I guess does that not count as paying money up front as they said it would be refunded when sold

Crewe, United...
Level Contributor
48 posts
5. Re: Timeshare Grief

Thanks for info

Graham

Hants, UK
Level Contributor
2,614 posts
17 reviews
6. Re: Timeshare Grief

Well, it sort of is, but don't give them any more no matter what they say. They have good sounding reasons to get money from you,

Crewe, United...
Level Contributor
48 posts
7. Re: Timeshare Grief

Thanks for your reply Josiem I wish I had never seen this timeshare it has given me so many sleepless nights thinking how can I get out of this. They said this was the only charge and the buyer pays the rest.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
34,459 posts
11 reviews
8. Re: Timeshare Grief

Now that they have your "advertising fee" you will likely never hear from them again.. that's how these companies make money- they could care less about selling your timeshare. and are likely not advertising it anywhere .. Although they may try to get even more from you now that they have done it successfully once - so if they come back asking for "closing fees , title search fees" anything they want you to pay , do not send them anything- not a cent .. tell them to take it out of the money from the sale once it is complete... I am pretty certain you have been scammed.I'm sorry to say... how did you find this company?

Crewe, United...
Level Contributor
48 posts
9. Re: Timeshare Grief

I found this resale web site through a timeshare association and I know it will be ni on impossible to sell this but you have to try. I did enjoy going it was in a great location but as my circumstances at home have changed and I have become a carer. I just cannot use it any more. So I will try anything as long as it does not cost me to much.

Thanks for the reply anyway I hope you are wrong on the scamming think

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa Teguise
Level Contributor
5,148 posts
54 reviews
10. Re: Timeshare Grief

DOES RCI NOT RE sell timeshares? where is the timeshare may i ask?

Reply to: Timeshare Grief
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted