We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fun and Sun Getaways Booking

New Jersey
reviews: 5
Fun and Sun Getaways Booking

Help, we booked a weekend stay at Kings Creek Plantation, Williamsburg , VA this past month thru Fun and Sun Getaways. We arrived to the unit and there was no electricity and they turned us away. The women said we would be refuned the $197.16 it cost us for the weekend. However, we are unable to collect a refund. We called Fun and Sun Getaways and they refuse to honor the refund. Has anyone had a similar experience? Don't know what to to next?

41 replies to this topic
Williamsburg...
Destination Expert
for Williamsburg
reviews: 41
1. Re: Fun and Sun Getaways Booking

I am not familiar with Fun and Sun Getaways. Did you sign a contract or rental agreement with them? What does it say about refunds? Do they act as an agent for Kings Creek? Who took your money, Fun and Sun or Kings Creek? Did you pay by credit card? Have you any written correspondence (e-mail or snail mail) with either Fun and Sun or Kings Creek concerning the refund?

If your payment was via credit card, you may be able to submit a dispute about this charge, since you didn't get what you paid for. Good luck!

New Bern, North...
2. Re: Fun and Sun Getaways Booking

Kings Creek turned you away? Was the whole area out of power?

Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 3
3. Re: Fun and Sun Getaways Booking

The same thing happen to me. When you book in advance, i.e. pay them in advance with your credit card, it may be more than 60 days...that is the time allowed that your credit card company will step in to refund. The problem is Fun and Sun Getaways is not letting anyone know there address so you can accurately dispute this issue.

When I called, three different people hung up the phone when I asked them their address. One of them starting giving me bogus addresses. When I told him that there is no such address and that I am online right now, the representative from Fun and Sun Getaways hung up the phone. If you have any more to say about this issue, email me at ericthetravelor@yahoo.com

Charlotte, North...
4. Re: Fun and Sun Getaways Booking

I'm dealing with Fun and Sun right now. Booked three nights at a hotel and when i call the hotel they have never heard of me or Fun and Sun. Booked 6 weeks ago. Trip is still 90+ days away and they're telling me I won't get my reservation until 30 days prior.

Tucson
5. Re: Fun and Sun Getaways Booking

Do you have the reservation yet? I just booked with Fun and Sun yesterday, and now looking at these posts, am wondering if that was a mistake!

New Jersey
reviews: 5
6. Re: Fun and Sun Getaways Booking

No, all worked out ok, they refunded us. Go and have a great time, no worries

Chicago, Illinois
7. Re: Fun and Sun Getaways Booking

10/12/12 I just booked yesterday too. 5 days in cancun. .

all bad review were about trying to get there money back. Has anyone just went on the vacation or did everyone just cancel and try to get a refund?

The email I got after booking looks good with correct dates.

Any info would be helpful from anyone.

Uniondale, New York
8. Re: Fun and Sun Getaways Booking

i booked a trip to Villa Del Palmer with fun and sun getaway in April 2012 and all went well my wife and i had a awesome time.

Edited: 10:59 am, October 14, 2012
Leicester, North...
9. Re: Fun and Sun Getaways Booking

when is the best time to go?

Richmond, Virginia
10. Re: Fun and Sun Getaways Booking

I just booked with Fun and Sun for 3 days at Kings Creek in Virginia as well. Now that I am reading this, I am not feeling very comfortable with the whole thing. Has anyone actually gone and had a good time at the resort?

Reply to: Fun and Sun Getaways Booking
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions