We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Time share weeks at the Luperon Beach resort Dominican repu

Durham, United...
Time share weeks at the Luperon Beach resort Dominican repu

I have just been out to the site of the Luperon beach resort. but although being reassured by emails that the Luperon has been sold and renovation is underway. nothing has changed on the site. it is very sad and lonely.

As an owner of time shares here for the next 23 years. what can I do in way of claiming compensation for breach of contract by them.

Are there any class actions being lodges against, Best hotels who owned it when we bought or holiday advantage who owned it last.

45 replies to this topic
Staten Island, New...
reviews: 8
1. Re: Time share weeks at the Luperon Beach resort Dominican repu

Sounds like you'll need some serious legal advice. Take your story and your written agreement to an attorney who handles these tyes of issues. Check with your local bar association for guidance and direction.

Durham, United...
2. Re: Time share weeks at the Luperon Beach resort Dominican repu

thanks for that.

I know that there are lots of American, Canadian, and German owners who will all be in the same position as well as many English owners.

How can I try and get other owners on board?

Staten Island, New...
reviews: 8
3. Re: Time share weeks at the Luperon Beach resort Dominican repu

Clearly you'll need to obtain a list of the members. Is there a members website? Perhaps you could start one.

Getting that list is going to be difficult. Once you have it you can contact each of them.

Mtl Canada
reviews: 1
4. Re: Time share weeks at the Luperon Beach resort Dominican repu

Hi. I'm in the same boat as you. Apparently, the Hotel was sold to Hosta - I phoned Best Hotels to find this out. Hosta went bankrupt. Best Hotels did not pre-inform anyone of the sale. The property was up for sale last time I checked. I don't think that it has been sold yet, and have no idea if a new buyer would honor our timeshare contracts. Sorry to write you back so late, I only saw your comment today. I don't know any other owners, but am convinced that there are many. Have you had any luck in finding out anything else? My name is Donnah. You can reach me at circorp1997@hotmail.com

I'm pretty sure this is a lost cause though ....

Durham, United...
5. Re: Time share weeks at the Luperon Beach resort Dominican repu

This is all the info that I have had from the luperon. as you can see there are a few email addresses but I know this is not a full list. what do you suggest we do next.

Karen

Hello Karen

Definitely the hotel will be reopen again, hopefully by the end of the year. Make sure you dont give out any information to anybody that calls you, we havent called anybody to transfer anything. If you can, please take the information of the person that is calling and let me know.

Cordially

Florangel De La Rosa

Reservations & Exchange Dept.

IMO VACATION CLUB

Hotel Luperon Beach Resort

Ciudad Marina. LUPERON. Puerto Plata. Rep. Dominicana.

Telf: (809) 571-8303 Ext 3300, y 7805, Fax: (809) 571- 8180

E-mail: imovacacionclub@yahoo.com

De: karen mallaby <karen.paulmallaby@yahoo.co.uk>

Para: Imo Imo <imovacacionclub@yahoo.com>

Enviado: Lunes 27 de agosto de 2012 18:39

Asunto: Re: luperon beach

HI, can you tell me what is happening re resort and paying back / transferring the money paid to your company in my contract. as I have heard that there are no plans to re open the luperon and many of the staff are out of work or have started new jobs with other companies. I had a phone call today about a transfer and RCI was mentioned but I could not understand the caller, and she has not been able to understand my email address as no email has been sent to me yet. please advice where my money is and how I get it back if your company can no longer honor the contract it made with me for the next 25 years.

sorry if this email sounds nasty but I feel that I have been kept in the dark to long. I have just returned from the lifestyle hacienda where most Dominicans say the Luperon will not re open.

yours karen mallaby

To: karen mallaby <karen.paulmallaby@yahoo.co.uk>

Sent: Friday, 11 May 2012, 19:51

Subject: Re: hotel coconut palms

Hello Karen

What did they tell at RCI??, that you cannot exchange?? please let me know, I want figure that out.

Unfortunately, there are delays in the renovations. If you want to come on vacation with RCI, we have an all inclusive hotel in the area, its Celuisma Playa Dorada its onnly 15 minutes from the airport, child friendly hotel. The price is US$40 per person children 50%, all incluisve and no maintenance fees.

Kind Regards

Florangel De La Rosa

IMO VACATION CLUB

Telf: (809) 571-8303 Ext 3300, y 7805, Fax: (809) 571- 8180

De: karen mallaby <karen.paulmallaby@yahoo.co.uk>

Para: Imo Imo <imovacacionclub@yahoo.com>

Enviado: Viernes 11 de Mayo de 2012 12:50

Asunto: Re: hotel coconut palms

Hi, does this mean that there are delays in the planned reopening of the Luperon Beach? we are also having problems exchanging our weeks with RCI for next year as well as they are saying we have no resort. could you let me know whats happening, as we want a resort that is all inclusive for the kids. what is happening with our contracts as this is now six months usage that we have not been able to access?

Thanks Karen Mallaby

To: Velez Jesus <jvelez@cfthomeless.org>; "judy5@sympatico.ca" <judy5@sympatico.ca>; mallaby karen <karen.paulmallaby@yahoo.co.uk>; "kasskara.atlantida@yahoo.com" <kasskara.atlantida@yahoo.com>; "kapps2021@yahoo.ca" <kapps2021@yahoo.ca>; "k.3price@insghthh.com" <k.3price@insghthh.com>; "julianillo99@yahoo.com" <julianillo99@yahoo.com>; "k.souffront@leon.com.do" <k.souffront@leon.com.do>; "julieychung@hotmail.com" <julieychung@hotmail.com>; "juanlimo@hotmail.com" <juanlimo@hotmail.com>; "kaposi@cia.com" <kaposi@cia.com>; "k-a-l-a@hotmail.com" <k-a-l-a@hotmail.com>; "junel.genao@gmail.com" <junel.genao@gmail.com>; "JULIENPAUL2000@HOTMAIL.COM" <JULIENPAUL2000@HOTMAIL.COM>; "juancsantana@hotmail.com" <juancsantana@hotmail.com>; "KATHLEENN58@YAHOO.CO.U.K" <KATHLEENN58@YAHOO.CO.U.K>; " Juan Sortibran, " <Juan.Sortibran@rci.com>; "Kathycallahann@aol.com" <Kathycallahann@aol.com>; "kasskara.atlantida@yahoo.com" <kasskara.atlantida@yahoo.com>; "k.gam@kajagamdesign.com" <k.gam@kajagamdesign.com>; ince julie <julieince67@googlemail.com>; "juliesangha@talk21.com" <juliesangha@talk21.com>

Sent: Friday, 4 May 2012, 18:11

Subject: hotel coconut palms

Dear Members

I have some great news for you! We have been able to arrange a special exchange program with The Coconut Palms Resort; whereby they will honor your rate and only charge $100 for a one week stay in a one bedroom condo apartment. It is a complete apartment with living room, dining area, full kitchen, private bedroom and of course the sofa will make into an additional bed. They also have 2 & 3 bedroom suites available.

Since each apartment has a complete kitchen, they do not offer an all inclusive program. They have a wonderful restaurant that offers a delightful menu at competitive prices as well as a meal plan.

If you would like to take a look at this beautiful resort please go to their websitehttp://www.coconutpalmsresort.com/ . The resort is located only 20 minutes from the Puerto Plata Airport and is in Cabarete; if you want to reserve a week or have any questions get back to me or call me at the telephones listed below.

Estimados Miembros

Tenemps una gran noticia para usted! Hemos sido capaces de organizar un programa de intercambio especial con el Hotel Coconut Palms Resort, por el que se honra a su contrato y sólo cobran $ 100 por una estancia de una semana en un apartamento de un dormitorio . Se trata de un apartamento completo con sala de estar, comedor, cocina completa, baño privado y, por supuesto, el sofá es un sofá cama, que hace en una cama adicional. También cuentan con suites de 2 y 3 dormitorios disponibles.

Debido a que cada apartamento tiene una cocina completa, el hotel no ofrece un programa de todo incluido. Tienen un maravilloso restaurante que ofrece un delicioso menú a precios competitivos, así como un plan de comidas.

Si desea echar un vistazo a este hermoso resort por favor vaya a su website :

http :/ / www.coconutpalmsresort.com/. El complejo está situado a sólo 20 minutos del aeropuerto de Puerto Plata y Cabarete, si usted quiere reservar una semana o tiene alguna duda ponte en contacto conmigo o me llama a los teléfonos que figuran a continuación.

Florangel De La Rosa

IMO VACATION CLUB

Telf: (809) 704-7507

North Wales
reviews: 7
6. Re: Time share weeks at the Luperon Beach resort Dominican repu

Hi we have just found out the resort has closed. We are just thinking the same thing. Does anyone know if the resort will be up and running again? if so when? or how we can get in touch regarding depositing weeks? Ann

North Wales
reviews: 7
7. Re: Time share weeks at the Luperon Beach resort Dominican repu

Hi we have just found out about Luperon too!

I have sent many emails to Luperon but nothing back as yet.

Have you heard anything back from anywhere? We haven't exchanged for a few months and just tried to contact them and thought Florangel had changed her email address, but find out that it has closed down and not been informed is dreadful!!!

If you or anyone hears anything could they reply to this comment please?

Best wishes and good luck

8. Re: Time share weeks at the Luperon Beach resort Dominican repu

My name is Jorge. We have an RCI plan with Luperon as well. We stopped by the hotel on 3/2/13 and found it and the streets to it very abandoned. Please reply if there is any news

9. Re: Time share weeks at the Luperon Beach resort Dominican repu

My name is Jorge. We have an RCI plan with Luperon as well. We stopped by the hotel on 3/2/13 and found it and the streets to it very abandoned. Please reply if there is any news

Toronto, Canada
reviews: 1
10. Re: Time share weeks at the Luperon Beach resort Dominican repu

I also have the same issue with inability to exchange weeks. Is there a list being generated to drive some action to resolve this issue?

Reply to: Time share weeks at the Luperon Beach resort Dominican repu
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted