We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone else experience difficulty with Spirit Incentives?

Phoenix, Arizona
reviews: 62
Anyone else experience difficulty with Spirit Incentives?

After complying with all their terms of participation and jumping through all their hoops, it was impossible to see ANY available dates for travel in the autumn to Disneyland. I have the most flexible schedule ever! I can travel mid-week, off-season, etc., but I wasn't given the opportunity to even see available dates.

They assured us they were just like Hotwire who has access to all kinds of hotels (8 chains are listed on their brochure), and we were sure to find rooms, but their website wouldn't show me anything. When I called, I was on hold for 25 minutes before speaking to a real person who told me all she could do was refund my deposit even though she couldn't explain why I was having difficulty.

It seems like a scam when I've met my part of the bargain, and the "professional organization" has not, but they can continue to treat travelers in this manner. They are associated with Sedona Pines Resort, so this leaves a bad taste in my mouth with regard to them as well. I was telling people about this timeshare, but now I'll have to retract anything good I had said about them.

Also, I checked - after the fact, of course - at ripoffreport.com, and there were many posts about people getting the "run around." I am very happy to have tripadvisor.com where I can read reviews about hotels before I stay!

Phoenix, Arizona
1. Re: Anyone else experience difficulty with Spirit Incentives?

Just to update anyone interested... It's been three weeks since I have called this company, and the $50 deposit refund I was promised I would receive in 7 - 10 business days has never arrived.

Guadalajara
2. Re: Anyone else experience difficulty with Spirit Incentives?

Many companies related to timeshares are a scam. you have to be careful when dealing with timeshares as most companies only want to make an easy buck on you.

Phoenix, Arizona
3. Re: Anyone else experience difficulty with Spirit Incentives?

I guess you are right... I'm a little too trusting. But, I finally did get the $50 deposit refund today in the mail. Lesson learned... no timeshare presentation I sat through would have gotten me a free Disneyland trip since I said no. :-(

oxnard
reviews: 2
4. Re: Anyone else experience difficulty with Spirit Incentives?

Yes...I think they are a big rip-off...I guess it will work if you are willing to jump through hoops but they make it difficult to get anything. A waste of a lot of time for nothing. We will see how timely they are about returning my $50.00 deposit.

Elk Grove Village...
reviews: 1
5. Re: Anyone else experience difficulty with Spirit Incentives?

I glad I'm reading all of this online and quite honestly I've been looking to find some good reviews online since I have 2 certificates and now I'm thinking of I should even start the process???

Santa Clara...
reviews: 248
6. Re: Anyone else experience difficulty with Spirit Incentives?

So we had one of these certs and decided to go to Maui. Yes, it took quite a while to get the ball rolling and if memory serves me correctly I had to give them 3 date frames that I wanted and you can only arrive Sunday through Tuesday, so they do limit you on that. But we did eventually get our trip scheduled and we did have a very nice time in Maui. I had looked up the hotels they have listed in their cert and yes not of them are 4 stars, but the room was clean, a little tired looking, but we had a beach front room and we didn't spend much time in our room aways. So even though we had to jump through a lot of hoops, we did get our mini vacation out of it and had a wonderful time. We actually just received 2 more certs for attending a presentation, this time with one of them going to Oahu and also a trip to Anaheim which includes airfare. I will post again on how this experince goes this time around. The bottom line is yes, you have to jump through a lot of hoops, but if you are patient, you will get your trip!

7. Re: Anyone else experience difficulty with Spirit Incentives?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, October 20, 2014