We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seasons Holidays Timeshare

Isle of Man
reviews: 7
Seasons Holidays Timeshare

If you own timeshare at any Seasons resort in UK and are unhappy with the quality of what they provide please post a message. We all need to get together!

94 replies to this topic
Chippenham, United...
reviews: 71
1. Re: Seasons Holidays Timeshare

We have been unhappy with the "maintenance fees" which are increased above the contracted Retail Price Index for many years.

Hants, UK
reviews: 17
2. Re: Seasons Holidays Timeshare

I think this would be the same for all timeshare owners, not just Seasons.

Chippenham, United...
3. Re: Seasons Holidays Timeshare

Not all Time Share companies increase their maintenance fees above the signed up for CONTRACTED RETAIL PRICE INDEX controlled increase. Appreciate very few like paying fees generally, however if it is the fee increases you have agreed to then thats that. We object to increases that are above the contracted RPI rate that needs a % of members to realise that that is what has happended and that they all have to write to the Trustees before they even look at it. Are you a Seasons Member?

Hants, UK
4. Re: Seasons Holidays Timeshare

No I am not a Seasons member but I have exchanged into them .

I must admit, I don't know how my fees work, I just pay them lol.

Chippenham, United...
5. Re: Seasons Holidays Timeshare

Thats the problem. A good time share company will have in its contract what the annual fees increases (or yes decreases) are calculated on e.g. the RPI and a couple of exclusions. The problem is the timeshare owner may not be fully aware of the small print or the formula to calculate the increase (Its not just a case of adding the difference in the RPI) and just pays whatever is invoiced. If the fee increase is considered unfair a certain % of members have to write to the appointed Trustee which is where the system falls apart.

One disproportinate increase has a knock on effect for ever, problem compounded and ammounts to 100s of pounds every year.

Hants, UK
6. Re: Seasons Holidays Timeshare

I can see your point.

What is the annual maintanance for a Seasons resort?

Chippenham, United...
7. Re: Seasons Holidays Timeshare

Fees depend on size (bedrooms/sleep no and season. Details on the Seasons Holidays UK web site

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
reviews: 25
8. Re: Seasons Holidays Timeshare

>>> . . . the "maintenance fees" which are increased above the contracted Retail Price Index for many years<<<

My opinion is that this is a really bad way to set up a sales contract in that there is no way to know what the future holds and what the resort will need in terms of upkeep and maintenance. If the MFs are artificially kept low, that just begs to have special assessments charged owners, which can be far more financially devastating than higher than RPI increases.

A good TS homeowners or property owners association will establish realistic annual budgets that will include money to go into the reserve funds for major replacements/renovations as well as catastrophic and other unexpected expenses.

Admittedly, nobody likes high MFs but we generally like the SAs even less!

Exeter, United...
9. Re: Seasons Holidays Timeshare

Does anyone actually know the maintenance fee for a 1 bed red but not peak red. I cant find it on the website.

Exeter, United...
10. Re: Seasons Holidays Timeshare

i've got direct debits adding up to £387.80 this year- i guess this is it?

Reply to: Seasons Holidays Timeshare
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted