We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Discover Access - Malta

Paisley, Scotland
reviews: 4
Discover Access - Malta

Has anyone ever been able to get out of these "holiday Club" schemes. My parents had the misfortune of signing up to one of these deals in March (they are both in their 70;s and were completely duped) since their return i have contacted the company and the ECC, Malta Tourist Authority etc and all i have got in return is a ""Final Demand" for payment giving 7 days notice prior to legal proceedings to recover the outstanding money due. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

39 replies to this topic
bradford
reviews: 1
11. Re: Discover Access - Malta

Hi did you manage to sort anything out and if so how. We have just come back from malta and signed up for 15 months on one contract with no right to cancel and a further 26 mths with the 14 day cooling off period.

Llanelli, United...
reviews: 49
12. Re: Discover Access - Malta

They have decided to take me to court because I want to terminate my agreement with them. I'm not asking for any money back, justy the termination of my agreement. They have now involved Daniels Silverman top collect monies from me. THESE PEOPLE ARE REALLY BIG RIP OFF MERCHANTS

Rainham, United...
13. Re: Discover Access - Malta

Last March we were conned whilst on holiday in Malta, They promised the earth but were unable to keep any of their promises. This company should be forced to cease trading. We paid £1400, I suppose we were fortunate that we did not sign up for a longer period.

reviews: 3
14. Re: Discover Access - Malta

Hi We were caught out by this company in January this year where we signed up for 1 year at £1200 pd £100 using Debit card then they are taking £100 per month for the next 11 months. We tried to cancel before 14days as thought we had this time to change or minds. Discover Access say we cannot cancel & signed up for non cancellation, they have taken the 2nd £100 out of my bank. I will be informing my bank to stop payments. What happened when they threatened you with getting the rest of the money. Its ridiculous how they get away with this.

Edited: 5:45 pm, March 12, 2014
Nottingham, United...
15. Re: Discover Access - Malta

Hi we also got duped with this company, what were your parents outcome please ? I do hope it was good and you may be able to give us some advice x x

Nottingham, United...
16. Re: Discover Access - Malta

Hi we are going through the same problems now, What was your out come ? and have you got any advise for us please ?

Newport, United...
reviews: 3
17. Re: Discover Access - Malta

We signed up with DiscoverAccess in February 2013 for 1 year .We paid £1600. We could have extended the contract to 10 years at a cost of £2300 within 14 days. We decided not to do this and notified DiscoverAccess. We enjoyed a lovely week in Lanzarote in April 2013 for £99 and a free week in Malta in October . We had 2 apartments on this occasion. In February this year 15 family members and friends spent a very enjoyable week at Club Riza, Malta. We had 5 apartments at £59 each. Our children were so impressed that we then decided to extend the contract to 10 years at a cost of £27OO. The cost to be shared between us. The deal included 2 free weeks in Malta or Lanzarote and unlimited holidays at prices ranging between £99 and £399 in numerous resorts throughout the World. We have had no problems contacting the reservations team in Malta and have already booked a week in Cornwall in December again at a very reasonable price. So far we have had no reason to complain about DiscoverAccess.

Nottingham, United...
18. Re: Discover Access - Malta

Hi Sandra, I am very pleased to hear that you are happy with this company, but you are the only one that I have heard from with good things to say about them, I hope you continue to be happy, Caroline x

Waltham St...
reviews: 5
19. Re: Discover Access - Malta

I signed up for one year in Feb 2013 due to start Feb 2014 . I have been reading these posted comments for some time now and they made me think WHAT HAD I DONE ? so I contacted them and was soon reassured that all was not as posted, as we had already booked and paid for air tickets on an independent basis for my wife and I with 2 friends we decided to go any way, we have just come back from one of the best holidays we have ever had, during our stay we were invited to chat and was offered an increase of our purchase by 3 or 5 years NO pressure we decided not to buy an increase at this time due to my health only. We were not put under any pressure to buy and every thing had been fully explained to us we were also given in writing all about the 14 day opt out procedure. I am pleased we decided to ignore a lot of bad publicity that we feel is unjustified, if you remember you can always say NO and walk away.

Edited: 1:46 pm, April 06, 2014
Belfast, United...
20. Re: Discover Access - Malta

We have just returned from Malta. And signed up with this holiday company

They led us to believe they were working for the Maltese tourist board

They brought us to the PRELUNA hotel in SLIEMA

Toured us around the hotel and showed us how they were involved in the renovations

Told us their aim was to encourage people like us to return to Malta with our friends ans the first holiday would be free

We were told we would be phoned on return to uk to confirm we were going through with the membership deal

We asked if we could take papers away for our daughter to verify but we were t hurried to sign there and then

We paid 400 pounds deposit which we now know we won't get back. But we decided straight away this deal was not for us. 10 hours later we phoned before we left Malta to cancel thinking this was well inside cooling off period which we were told was 14 days. We were then told we were tied to this contract and cooling off period only applies if we had signed for 10 years s. We are absolutely stunned at this

We don't want this membership and feel we were given false promises and information x.

Reply to: Discover Access - Malta
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted