We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Discover Access - Malta

Paisley, Scotland
reviews: 4
Discover Access - Malta

Has anyone ever been able to get out of these "holiday Club" schemes. My parents had the misfortune of signing up to one of these deals in March (they are both in their 70;s and were completely duped) since their return i have contacted the company and the ECC, Malta Tourist Authority etc and all i have got in return is a ""Final Demand" for payment giving 7 days notice prior to legal proceedings to recover the outstanding money due. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

76 replies to this topic
Hereford, United...
reviews: 1
1. Re: Discover Access - Malta

we were conned into this by discover access in sept while on honeymoon, they gave us £600 worth of holidays vouchers, we found out after the first payment that the holiday firm we had to use the vouchers with ceased trading, discover access did not want to know they kept passing the problem onto another dept, when the second payment did not go through they gave us 7 days to pay, now they have passed it to a debt collector whos has now given us 7 days to pay and keep harrssing us with phone calls, i am seeking legal advice, anyone else out there had problems with this company, please let me know as the debt collector is taking me to court to make me bankrupt.

Hereford, United...
2. Re: Discover Access - Malta

hi how did your parents get on with this, i too have been conned into this contract,

Hereford, United...
3. Re: Discover Access - Malta

hi how did your parents get on with this, i too have been conned into this contract,

Glasgow, United...
reviews: 35
4. Re: Discover Access - Malta

Don't b fooled by this. They'll be nice as pie til they realise ur not about to hand them thousands of pounds there and then. If u want to think it over they'll be so rude u won't believe ur eyes. As for the jewellery they give u free its a silver cross. Once they realised we weren't signing up they told us the cross will make ur neck green. Nothing short of disgusting behaviour. Do urself a favour and don't go here!!!

5. Re: Discover Access - Malta

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 6:12 am, April 03, 2013

6. Re: Discover Access - Malta

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 4:50 am, April 07, 2013

Blackpool, United...
reviews: 2
7. Re: Discover Access - Malta

We also fell for this con. paid £200 deposit then signed contract for £1600. came home and noticed that although my husband was 'the purchaser' and HE signed the 'no cancellation sheet' I did not see that and it was MY signature on the payment authorisation form. So to me that cancels out everything, Did anyone else notice this?

rochdale
reviews: 2
8. Re: Discover Access - Malta

hi we joined access last year paid £1400.00 up front we were told our first holiday would be free accomadation.i paid £768 for the flights £50 for transfers & £500 for food total cost of so called free holiday approx. £2,500. 4 weeks after getting back I received a bill telling me I owed 400 euro when I questioned it I was told it was because I had not attended the welcome meeting, take my advice do not be temped by these arseholes on the prom that try to con you as the did with us

Belfast, United...
9. Re: Discover Access - Malta

Oh been there paid 1600 and signed up for 10 years but don't like reviews. I signed purchase agreement but it was my husband for the 2300 to be collected from his bank. He can cancel his payment with bank as it is not due to be collected till 5th October but my 1600 will be lost what a mess.

Belfast, United...
10. Re: Discover Access - Malta

what not you ??

Reply to: Discover Access - Malta
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted