We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

James Villas

London, United...
reviews: 1
James Villas

Does anyone know anything about James' Villas or have they stayed in one in Europe please?

Thanks Sherrie

33 replies to this topic
reviews: 27
11. Re: James Villas

I had posted a note some weeks ago after a Villa holiday that we booked through James Villas. We stayed in Pollensa, Mallorca. Normally I book a villa, car and flights independandlty and with some concern I deceided to give them a go and with hindsight, I should have gone the independent route.

No complaints at all with week one and the villa was exactly what as described. The second week at a villa some 5k away was dreadful even though the reviews raved about the place which surprised us. We refused to stay as it was filthy and the grounds waist deep in tinder dry grass and weeds. As they could not find an alternative Villa or anywhere else to stay we were on our own. In the interim of being homeless, I had to call a local familly whose villa we have used a couple of times and ask for their help and was introduced to Antonia who came to our rescue as she owns an estate and rental agency. We ended up renting her place and it was fabulous!!

When things go wrong on holiday you want the very best of help and support and in our case Jame Villas were hopeless. Because of that my family will not use them ever.

Good luck and best wishes

Chris

reviews: 27
12. Re: James Villas

Sorry to hear about your problem whilst trying to enjoy your holiday.

My experience is still rather raw and its not as if we want something

that's unreasonable. Holidays are precious and we can't claw back the time

lost through poor service, staff that lack empathy and a total disregard of "best practice"

Loughborough...
13. Re: James Villas

I would be very wary of using James Villas ever again after our experience. If anything goes wrong expect NO support and they will just hang you out to dry.

Stafford, United...
reviews: 2
14. Re: James Villas

Stayed in Disney Area Executive Plus Villas FTNV5PP, booked through Jamesvillas. They forgot to book the flight to orlando which meant we had to swop from Virgin to British airways and that was very poor. The Villa we were put in was not in any of the locations they say they rent in,and the Villa was dirty and needed a good painting and spring clean. When we went to the office on the 192 they didn't do anything for us and couldn't sort even the wifi which we were told we should of had. This didn't stop us having a good time but we didn't really want to go back to the Villa at night. We have complained to Jamesvilla's but have not had a reply?

Never mind we will never use these again, if you don't know,you don't know until you have tried.

Chris. L

UK
reviews: 125
15. Re: James Villas

I don't know why people still think they are getting something extra if they book with an agency, be that 'peace of mind' or whatever. They are just the middleman and serve no real purpose. James villas are charging almost double the rental I have paid for the villa we are off to in 2 days time. Book directly with the owner is my advice.

Nelson Lancs
16. Re: James Villas

Hi. We used James Villas for our holiday in Lanzarote. We have 2 special needs boys and required a safety gate for one of them. We also asked for extra baggage allowance due to having to carry nappies that can't be bought abroad. ( Nappies for a 7 year old are not sold anywhere in Lanzarote and are not readily available in the UK either ). Anyway the answer was no we can't supply a safety gate and no you can't have extra baggage. We did consider cancelling but had paid the full amount due to the time being close to the holiday and we would lose too much so we took our own safety gate and kept the case weights down to carry the extra nappies. The villa looked like we were the first ones in it since the winter months, we went mid February 2013, dusty everywhere and gritty floors. The rep called the day after we arrived but we were out so she left a note saying that if we needed anything to call the number she had left but not to call on the Wednesday as one of the reps was getting married and they were all going to the wedding.We didn't have cause to call on them until the morning we were leaving. One of our boys had been up all night with a tummy bug and I called to ask for a little extra time to do some washing before we left. I got the James Villas answer. You guessed it, No. We stayed in the villa Alexis in Playa Blanca which is classed as a luxury villa. It was certainly one of the most expensive at £ 1500.00 for 7 days. We were disappointed. The villa was pretty average. It advertises free wi-fi, ( So slow you just give up ), satellite TV, ( Discovery Max was the only English channel ) and a well equipped kitchen that doesn't even have a tea towel. All the furniture and fittings are Ikea which we don't class as luxurious either. We did complain to James Villas but never received a reply although they did remove our account to stop us logging in to leave a review. And to top it all off the car rental I booked for £ 133.00 before we went ended up costing nearly £ 300.00 for a week. ( £165.00 in additions?? ) I am still in dispute over this. The good part was that Playa Blanca was a very nice place to visit and while we were there we looked at other villas available that are privately owned which are far better and cheaper. My advice would be to steer well clear of James Villas and look elsewhere. You'll save a lot of money and find people that are much more willing to put themselves out to help you, unlike James Villas were for us.

17. Re: James Villas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 2:35 pm, August 31, 2013

UK
reviews: 125
18. Re: James Villas

In response to the last post, I'm afraid you are wrong! Owners are not purely contracted to James villas. They are free to advertise their property with Owners Direct, Holiday Lettings etc - how else coould I have booked my Xmas villa? I'm sorry if you don't want to believe this. The villas we have rented independently and are also listed with James villas do NOT have 'a completely different feel'. As you have only posted twice on this forum I'm not sure how seriously people will take your post, which is probably a good thing!

staffordshire
reviews: 5
19. Re: James Villas

Has anyone stayed at the villa Alegre in Fuerteventura, if so how overlooked is it

20. Re: James Villas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 8:35 am, September 12, 2013

Reply to: James Villas
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted