We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Exotic Travelers Club - El Dorado Royale

Atlanta
reviews: 6
Exotic Travelers Club - El Dorado Royale

Hi all,

My husband and I purchased the Exotic Travelers Club Sapphire membership last year during our honeymoon at El Dorado Royale. We are returning this year for our one year anniversary and I have a few questions.

Has anyone upgraded from one package to another and can share that experience? How will it work? We would like to upgrade to the Ruby membership at a minimum.

Also, can anyone share more on the Butler Service? What exactly can we expect of the Butler Service with Ruby other then unpacking per our request?

Thanks in advance!

36 replies to this topic
Edmond, Oklahoma
1. Re: Exotic Travelers Club - El Dorado Royale

We upgraded our older Exotic membership to the new Royal membership S(Sapphire) last November. When it works, it is great, but beware. We have tried booking 5 months out, and there are no Royal Suites available (they explained it was getting close to high season?). Also, several of the resorts have not yet converted any rooms into Royal suites, so you may have problems there, also.

When there are no Royal Suites available, you fall back into the original, standard Exotic membership discount structure. Which begs the question, "why did we upgrade?"

I have calls & e-mails into the powers that be, but no response yet.

Just FYI.

Atlanta
2. Re: Exotic Travelers Club - El Dorado Royale

May I ask when you are trying to book and at which resort? When I called in March to make our reservation for this month, the representative verified availability then called me back to confirm before I booked. We will be staying at El Dorado Royale.

Edmond, Oklahoma
3. Re: Exotic Travelers Club - El Dorado Royale

Started a couple weeks ago for both Maroma and Seaside. Guess I waited too long since they are both smaller than Royale, but still..... I think they oversold. We are planning on going in early December.

Please don't think I'm a complainer. My brother and I purchased memberships 4 years ago, and have probably sold more memberships for Exotic that anyone! LOL Friends, relatives, strangers; everyone we talked to about it, be cause we loved the resorts and discounts so much. This is the first time we have felt like we were misled.

Enjoy your trip, and if you have breakfast at the Cocatel restaurant, please say hi! to Celestino from Bill in Oklahoma!

Atlanta
4. Re: Exotic Travelers Club - El Dorado Royale

Bill,

I don't think you are a "complainer" at all!! I understand your frustration and hope you will post the final outcome or resolution. We joined less than 1 year ago and this is our first time using our membership so we welcome all feedback! Will be sure to deliver your message as Cocotal was our preferred place for breakfast!!

Huntley, Illinois
5. Re: Exotic Travelers Club - El Dorado Royale

We have also upgraded ro a Royal membership. When it works (when you can actually get a Royal Suite, of which there are few!) it is great! When you can't get one, you go back to regular prices on other rooms (they cost MORE than the Royal suites!) and lose all the amenities that come with the Royal membership! No airport/hotel transportaion, no concierge service, etc! Don't get me wrong, we LOVE Karisma resorts, and have taken many friends there, and we will go back. But the way the Royal upgrade is being handled just doesn't make sense to me. Why does the room you are staying in make a difference for all the other ammenities?

Atlanta
6. Re: Exotic Travelers Club - El Dorado Royale

I would agree this doesn't make sense you would lose your benefits/amenities if you can't get the room. The only thing I can gather is that it is about the convenience (butlers, proximity, etc.) however, shouldn't the customer/member be priority #1? Hmmmmm, you have confirmed my notion to book this year for our trip next year!!

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
reviews: 1
7. Re: Exotic Travelers Club - El Dorado Royale

My wife and I bought a Sapphire membership last April at EDSS. We are booked for next April a couple of weeks ago. There are only 6 Sapphire Suites @ EDSS, 3 standard and 3 swim-up. They talked of adding more exotic rooms, maybe as early as this fall (most of the contstruction gets done in hurricane season). I take those promises with a fair dose of sceptism, which is why we booked early.

Please keep us posted on how your situation works out. I hope they work something out for you.

Edmonton, Alberta...
8. Re: Exotic Travelers Club - El Dorado Royale

Has anybody stayed in the new Royal Swim Ups @ the Royale? I believe they are building 42..

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
reviews: 1
9. Re: Exotic Travelers Club - El Dorado Royale

My wife and I are booked for a royal (Sapphire) swim up @ EDSS in April. I just sent an email to another exotic member who was scheduled to go in Dec. I will let you know what I hear from them.

John

Edited: 10:11 pm, January 27, 2012
Norwich, United...
10. Re: Exotic Travelers Club - El Dorado Royale

After spending our honeymoon at El Dorado Royale we purchased the Gold Premier affiliation. We have 29 exotic weeks and 28 explorer weeks with lifetime waiver on maintenance fees. Now 6 years later we are looking to sell our membership as we live in the UK and can not make the most of this beautiful resort.

Would anyone be interested in buying it from us?

Reply to: Exotic Travelers Club - El Dorado Royale
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions