We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just Purchased the Occidental Vacation Club Membership

Michigan
Just Purchased the Occidental Vacation Club Membership

My husband and I purchased the Royal Club membership a few weeks ago. We tried to cancel within the 5 days by FedXing our cancelation papers (we have moved to another city in Mexico and couldn't appear in person). The cancellation address on the contact was incorrect and they did not receive the paperwork within the 5 days. We had legal council in the US follow up and the Occidental Legal will not budge.

We have such a bad feeling for Occidental considering the hard sell we endured and the personal embarrassment that we fell for their line. We don't even want to vacation ther anymore.

Has anyone tried renting their units? Has anyone sold after the 1 year commitment? Is the membership truly a "good deal"? Maybe we need to put our embarrassment behind us, keep the membership and use it.

170 replies to this topic
Santa Clarita...
131. Re: Just Purchased the Occidental Vacation Club Membership

I bought my occidental vacation club membership this past October and am very disappointed with the lies I bought in to. How do I get out of this contract? I have excellent credit and do not want to ruin it by not paying...I was just offered a lower interest rate if I was willing to pay off my loan early or at least part of it. Why would they do this? Do they know they shouldnt be getting the money and are therefore trying to get as much as they can??? I need to get out of this thing, help!

Miami, Fl
132. Re: Just Purchased the Occidental Vacation Club Membership

Hello j r, we would like to know more about why are you feeling this way towards the membership. We will reach you directly trough Direct Message.

Best regards,

Ignaura Tejeda Solimán

Social Media Coordinator & Community Manager

chicago
reviews: 29
133. Re: Just Purchased the Occidental Vacation Club Membership

I had been so excited all winter after booking our first trip using our vacation club membership. We banked our first year so we could bring friends and family to celebrate our tenth anniversary, and couldn't wait for the VIP treatment and really nice rooms we were promised when we bought in.

Well, apparently, we are getting none of that because we have the horrible bad manners of arriving on a Thursday instead of a Saturday. We are getting a regular hotel room because the "First Club" (oh...not the Royal Club, as we were promised at the sales pitch) only allows you in there Saturday to Saturday, despite the contract and website both promising "any day arrival." I offered to switch rooms on Saturday, but apparently this is no good, either.

After multiple emails and phone calls to several people at First Club, I asked what EXACTLY my membership entitles me to.

Answer: I can use the First Club lounge.

Seriously...that's it...for the cost of membership, you can sit in a special lounge. I have never been so disappointed before a vacation even began. If I'd wanted just any accommodations, I could book through any online site without paying the extra membership fee.

I'd love nothing more than for First Club to do something, anything, to convince me this whole thing isn't one big rip off.

phila
134. Re: Just Purchased the Occidental Vacation Club Membership

Summerbum-- what resort is this?

chicago
reviews: 29
135. Re: Just Purchased the Occidental Vacation Club Membership

Occidental Grand Xcaret

Paris, France
136. Re: Just Purchased the Occidental Vacation Club Membership

Hello,

I tried to cancel my contract by registered letters and over the phone but I never got any answers from your staff. Our family situation had changed and we need to cancel as soon as possible.

Should we get legal actions or would you help us to find a way to cancel our membership ?

Charpentier

East Coast, USA
reviews: 8
137. Re: Just Purchased the Occidental Vacation Club Membership

Just wanted to say that we LOVE our OVC membership!! Now, we bought ours on Ebay for a steal of a deal which was easily paid for in one vacation, so I might not be as thrilled if I paid thousands and thousands of dollars for it. At any rate, ours is a lifetime membership that we can will to our daughter so we really can't beat that value. We've rented weeks for a profit, saved friends $1000 on a vacation, and just saved ourselves a ton on our trip to Aruba, especially since they gave us an amazing free upgrade. They're always friendly to work with (albeit a little hard to understand at times due to language barrier). Our membership is about 11 yrs old and it's Grand level - we're considering upgrading to an Aruba membership and selling off weeks to pay for it. Again, to us, OVC rocks! :)

Prince Edward Island
reviews: 2
138. Re: Just Purchased the Occidental Vacation Club Membership

How much of your down payment did they return?

Houston, Texas
139. Re: Just Purchased the Occidental Vacation Club Membership

HI I purchased my membership about five years ago and have had no problems useing it i even let my stepson use it last year and all was good

140. Re: Just Purchased the Occidental Vacation Club Membership

Thank you so much for this very useful advice. We have saved ourselves from much deeper trouble if we have not seen this post. Those people are very dangerous. Public should be warned and should be very cautious of what they are signing for. It was a nightmare dealing through cancellation process and I wasted so much time getting it done within the 5 day period. I can't thank you enough for leading us to the right direction and mentioning PROFECO since it's not mentioned in the contract.

Reply to: Just Purchased the Occidental Vacation Club Membership
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions